Fk108

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by mb43, Apr 5, 2009.

1. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

When I ordered a gallon of FK425 they offered me a free sample of something so I chose FK108, "Top Kote" RVL Poly Protectant - Anti-Static.

I tested it on a navigation screen and in about a month, there is no dust at all on it. The look of the dressing is a little inferior to 1z Cockpit Premium but you can't really tell a difference. I will do more testing of it later, because I was in a rush when I was doing that interior. I am considering ordering a full bottle of it.

2. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Try it on tires. Its Z16 shiny for 1 day then goes to satin black. Its been about 3 weeks since I applied it and it looks great still. That is including some rain as well :)

3. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I'll try it, thanks for the tip.

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Great for black moldings, trim and tires

5. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

I'm going to order a bottle of it... Any other good things from FK1?

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

pink wax is decent. so isnt the sealant. i believe its fk2180.

7. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

I love my FK108, ordered to gallons of it. Does well on the tires, not so much when you go through a week of rain. But I put 3 coats on my moms car this week, 2 on my dads, and one on my sisters so I'll see how long each lasts. I put it on the tires btw. I really like the FK316, it's their fabric sealant. Easy to apply, works well! Give it a shot, just becareful of the static shocks you get when applying it :)

8. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Have you ever compared it to scotch-guard or stoner's fabric guard? It sounds interesting, but static shocks wow. I might order a gallon of that instead of ordering more stoner's.

9. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

no I haven't sorry. 911Fanatic may be able to if he's tried the sample he got. But yeah you get pretty strong static shocks if you touch something plastic or metal. It sucked, I was doing my sisters jetta and I was wiping it down when the side of my arm came in contact with the door jamb I got a pretty big static shock. But thats minor to me, I actually found it pretty funny though:crasy:

10. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Wow, hahaha that sounds awesome, that's the biggest proof that it works like it's supposed to and FK1 doesn't do any marketing hype, anything they say they mean.

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have been wanting to try out the Fabric Guard...48 for a gallon is a really good price for this kind of product...303 fabric guard is 90....so how well did everyone find it at repelling stains?

12. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

may be trying some FK products soon!!

13. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

2180 is a great base coat. The first time you use it is a lil weird it seems to just absorb right into the paint. I have only used it on one car.
    I really like 1000p it is great for paint and works great on wheels. It can be layered or topped right after you buff it off.
    Pink Wax is a great wax and compliments 1000p very nicely
    FK 425 is a great QD

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I got this sample also about 9 months ago with my purchase of a gallon of FK425. I finally used the 108 on exterior plastic and rubber trim about a week ago and loved it. It leaves the trim nice and dark with very little shine and a non-greasy look. Looks good on tires also, but I still like the Z16 better, which also has slightly better durability (on my tires at least).