Finished my 96 Cobra

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by eShine, Oct 28, 2007.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

Well, today was a good day! After one year of hard work my 96 Cobra is done! Got it running Friday night and worked out the bugs all weekend. Let me tell you was it dirty! So much dust, grease, oil etc. There were barely any swirls though, I was real careful with the bodywork while the project was getting done.

Quick overview of what I got into,
    http://detailingbliss.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1460&postcount=13

Finally, some pics taken today. I pumped a Gallon of Poorboys Bug Squash in a weed sprayer, soaked the car for about 5 minutes...then Power-Washed it. I will likely hit it with some Menzerna this winter but I just want to get a week or so of cruising in before the wetaher stop cooperating!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

wow that looks great Chris!

:D You know what they thread could use??

:D A Dyno sheet haha.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn, mighty fine looking. Always loved white the best...

4. eShine

eShine Guest

It is going to the Dyno Thursday. It isnt a wild setup. 8-9 psi of boost with Meth Injection. Should make about 425-450 RWHP.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

The vehicle looks great Chris, the engine bay looks mint, well done.

I can't wait to see the Dyno :righton:

6. eShine

eShine Guest

Thanks man. It is a lot of work. It was MUCH harder this time around with two kids. Here is my engine bay on another car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this experience I am done. Too little time these days. I'll buy brand new and just maintain it. I cant mentally handle another resto job. Maybe when the kids get older and want to build something together....

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

87 Shelby Z Daytona?

8. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

very cool, looks like you wil have some fun with that

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice :worship: and I thought I did a good job at detailing engine bays :rollinglaugh:

I can see what your saying about the amount of time it takes, it would be very nice to see dad and kids working in the garage, keep your fingers crosses ;) if not forsing them always works..hahaha just kidding.

10. eShine

eShine Guest

Nope. 1986 Shelby Charger Turbo. The Chargers were a lot rarer than Daytonas.

11. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Kewl beans. I don't think I have ever seen one in person before.

:D haha your car drinks coke.

12. eShine

eShine Guest

Attention to detail. The famous "Coca-Coil".

13. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Awesome car!!! What all did you end up doing motorwise to support the boost? Those teskid blocks are stong, but the rotating assembly scares me on boost. My buddy has a 1996 Mystic thats just mint, so i have a huge soft spot for these cars.

14. eShine

eShine Guest

The shortblock is stock. Guys have run 600+hp and well into the 9's with stock motors but you have to have a good tuner who can tune safely. I have nitrous on it last year with a good tune so I know the car will take it, heck the Nitrous hits harder than the blower. I just got tired of filling the bottle and it was getting expensive.

15. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

oooooooooohhhhh...interesting.
    100 shot?

haha yes filling the bottle does get very expensive!!

16. eShine

eShine Guest

Actually I was running a wussie 50 Shot! I have always enjoyed reliability. Going quick is fun but breaking isnt. I try a nice balance of show and go. I am very good at working suspension and try to squeeze ET's using the chassis and not just HP. Here is a vid with only 330 RWHP. The car with the blower will have 100 more RWHP so 11's will be no problem.

Right Click, Save As.....

17. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D Well at least you have a blower now!

I am going to guess that that is a Paxton? It doesn't look like a procharger, vortech. It could be a powerdyne i guess... haha sorry for all the questions. I think that Mustangs are a guilty pleasure of mine.

18. eShine

eShine Guest

It is a Paxton Novi 1000.

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

That looks good eShine! What's the black car?

20. eShine

eShine Guest

1986 Shelby Charger Turbo