Finish Kare

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Erik Mejia, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Autogeek recently announced they are carrying the Finish Kare Inc. line.

Just thought some of you would like to know.

2. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Some great products there. And good prices.

I'd recommend the #108 and #2180 before anything, then #425 as the slickest QD ever

2180 is a super easy to apply and remove sealant that is super durable, one of my personal favorites

3. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

yeah, I got an email for this the other day.

2180 is nice, easy to use and leaves a good shine. Haven't used it in ages though.

4. dogma

dogma Guest

How does Pink wax and 1000p compare to P21s, natt'y,Souvran BF mid sun petes53 CMW ?
    I have been looking for something deep and wet like CMW but that doesn't mute metallic.
    I tried natty's red and it was pretty good, i tried WBW and that was excellent, I have pete53,BF MS and a sample of the PW that i have never tried.

5. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Just curious, I researched whether FK is available in Canada but did not find a distributor. Does anyone know of one?

I guess we could use AG's international shipping.

6. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

1000p looks great on metallic.

7. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

Have you emailed finishkareUSA@hotmail.com. I think he has the entire line and pretty sure he ships to and through CA. Give it a shot I guess

8. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Pink Wax is a really soft wax that very easy to apply. I would compare it to P21S (regular). I haven't used the 1000P but i might be ordering some soon.

I would recommend checking out P21S 100%, i've used this on my silver metallic BMW and it really made the paint pop, looked extremely wet though i don't know about the durability

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

1000P is great on wheels as it has a high melting point and no were close to that of what wheels will see. It will last a good few months with no issues. Also it is a large TUB of wax that will last you a very very long time as it is a pretty hard wax and you put it down in pretty thin coats.

10. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the idea.

I'll give it a try and also see how people think about FK products before pulling the trigger.

thanks again.

11. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Thinks alot, more crap I'll have to decide if I need or not :duh:

Thanks for the info :hmph:

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

To be honest I HATE ordering from AG, compared to DD it takes a lifetime for delivery and the shipping is pricey but they do a really excellent job of stocking so many items.

My last order: 3 CCS gold pads and a Battery Tender :shrug:

13. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

The prices are a lot higher for the FK at AG though...

14. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

can't you order from FK directly? a gallon of 425 is like 32 shipped! with a sample

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I've noticed that, that's why I still prefer to order from them directly, and I like $5 shipping.

16. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

Not sure that FK1USA is still in operation so the $5 shipping is probably history. Large thread on Autopia about AG taking the FK line.

17. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

FK1 is NOT in operation right now. AG is currently the only online US distributor as of now

18. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

No problem it shipped from NY as well so that should help some other people too. You won't find too many negative things on FK

19. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

No there is one more guy in NY who carries everything at the original FK price:headbang:

20. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

That's what I thought. I went to FK Inc in El Monte and a gallon of 425 cost me half what AG sells it for. The other products are about the same, but the mark up for 425 is crazy... worth it, but still crazy. Probably wholesale if you go in person.