Finish Kare Anti Static Poly Wipe Finish Restorer

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by SSTG, Sep 26, 2009.

1. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Has anyone compared this to FK425? Which is better? What's differences between the two?

2. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

Im going off memory here. 146 has more cleaning power but less gloss/shine compared to 425. FX1000 is their spray sealant which is discontinued

3. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Pretty much what Dsoto said. I love #425, it's so slick and spreads over the paint easily. Can't find a better QD

4. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

+1 for 425.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I love #425.... I just ran out...

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

You cant go wrong with #425. One of the best qd's on the planet.

7. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I think it IS the best... but I haven't tried any dodo juice which supposed to be great stuff...

8. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Thanks everyone i'm gonna order a gal of FK425.

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

FK425 is better. It is very slick QD that offers anti-static properties.

10. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

Just wanted to let you guys know that we are entitled to a discount from the new Finish Kare Rep. I just placed a small order with him seen here ... Just tell him you are from DB and give him your user name. I believe it is 10% off. He is also doing flat rate $8 shipping until the website is up and running. I was also greeted by a free MF towel when i opened the box. His info is as follows:
    Michael
    Representing Finish Kare Products
    Website : Under brief construction to accommodate new products
    Email : FinishKareUSA@hotmail.com
    Phone: (585) 509- 4094

11. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

Hi froboy272,

there are 2 websites for finish kare,

1. finishkare.com

2. how about this website: fk1usa.com

are they same company?

Is michael independent company that selling FK products? it seem his email address not related to two above website.

12. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

That first website is "Finish Kare" and they are the actual manufacturer of the products.

The second website if FK1 (Finish Kare 1) and they are/were the US distributor for their products. It was relabeled to say FK1 instead of Finish Kare, but the same stuff.

Autogeek is carrying their line now, but not all of it

13. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I love FK425!! Its also great on glass!!

14. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer

the second site as said is FK1 a relabeler of the same products. Only problem is that when you go to checkout it will tell you that the shopping cart is "down for maintenance" but we have come to learn that they are no longer in business.

His email is not related to either. I spoke to Leda from Finish Kare directly and she pointed me in the direction of AG. I did not want to go that route. I emailed Mike and he was prompt to respond and provided excellent service. The shipping was fast and he honored our discount as i mentioned above. If you are planning on ordering FK i would personally prefer to go back and do business with Mike. I had a great experience. If it wasn't raining id be using 425 right now...ha ha. I'm dying to try this stuff out since everyone speaks so highly of it.

15. getcha

getcha Jedi Nuba

425 is a targeted towards a final wipe/ light dust QD and 146 is more geared towards better cleaning(bugs, birds), not so much protection after(not really like red mist) while sacrificing just a hint of slickness after.

16. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I thought it was fk1usa.com

17. ahwil_lim

Yes, mike did response my email this morning. I only need provide the username of DB to get 10% off. Its good offer though.

Im using Optimum QD & DG marine QD. Both are excellent products.

how abt compared the FK425 to Opt QD & DG marine QD? are they similiar?

18. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Those are 3 great qd's. Pretty tough to decide between the three. If you get all three you will not be disappointed. I believe the DG Marine QD has more cleaning properties. OID leaves a very nice slick finish. FK425 leaves a nice clean finish and doesnt attract dust. You'll like the 425. Its a great product.

19. ahwil_lim

Yes, I like OID & DG 521 very much. However, A lot of good reviews for FK425 ... its curious abt this products.

Thanks for your info then. I will take it into consideration for next QD purchase.

20. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Do yourself a favor. Order the gallon. You'll like it.