Finally tried out Black Light from CG ...... ;-)

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by ToadHollow, Feb 21, 2011.

1. ToadHollow

ToadHollow Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I finally had the opportunity to use this stuff on a customer's black 2010 Tahoe. Just a routine single stage polishing with a Flex and Menzerna Power Finish. Applied the Black Light polish with the PC using a red LC pad.

Let it set for a half hour or so and the results are below. I would have loved to have applied a second coat just to see what results might have been, however the finish looks pretty outstanding as is.

Before:
    We started work in the rain so not so many before shots were taken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    Now we have some sunlight!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richy

richy Guest

Awesome pics!!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

did you use V7 or any other sealant? Looks awesome by itself though as well.

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

awesome, i got some blacklight and v7 coming too (via USPS FREE SHIPPING after my rage session with CG along with free jetseal)

5. ToadHollow

I have the V7, but didn't have it with me this day. I really was tempted to add a 2nd coat to the finish on my dime, but ........... nah.

6. ToadHollow

Rage session?? With George by chance?

Any order I put in at or above $100 gets a free 16oz product to me ........... Black Light will be my next one. I have plenty of Jetseal, but Black Light is better than anything I've used in a VERY long time.

7. Kilo6_one

Honestly, I did not notice any difference between one coat and two....... But the addition of V7 a huge difference, I think you will like that combo.

" Black Light is better than anything I've used in a VERY long time. "

I agree alot with this, I honestly like it better then MPL. I like the really fast cure time...that is a big plus for me.
    Don't be suprised if you see my MPL for sale on here. LOL

8. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

with whoever does the internet orders. It was because I got charged for Fedex 50 bucks shipping which was already more than the products I bought (and I also asked if they were doing the cheapest option which is USPS and they said yes) along with Fedex charging an extra 16 bucks or so on me. So yeah I called fedex, did my thing and paid then called CG and waited on the line for like 20 minutes to look up my order (or something like that) and gave my discontent/concerns for their Canadian shipping and in the end offered free jetseal and didnt call me and just processed the order when I placed the blacklight order (via USPS which is BESTEST).

9. ToadHollow

I've tried the combo on my Tahoe, however because my paint is more of a gold metallic it's very difficult to see any difference no matter what product I use. I have a SL55 in Silver that I will be using it on next week. Thinking that may be a good candidate.

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Wow...awesome reflections...:worship2:

11. ToadHollow

I think I saw something posted about that in the Black Light thread, right? Their CS has definitely slipped over the past several months. George is supposedly their main "contact" for those of us who put in regular orders as he will usually do a follow-up call after the sale. I just wish they would offer us shop owners wholesale pricing as other vendors I use. Shipping is expensive enough.

12. Kilo6_one

I did a white GTI the other day and it really popped. Enough so that it almost looked like it had a bluish tint to it. Silver it looks really good..

13. ToadHollow

Thanks man.

The owner must have walked around the truck a dozen times just saying "wow" .......... LOL. We were actually impressed enough to stand back and take note as well.

14. ToadHollow

That's what I'm hoping for the SL. The car has never seen a polisher so it should bring some really good results once I've finished. :thumb:

15. dasauto

dasauto Virgin Detailer

Wow, what a great job, congratulations - surely this will be a repeat customer. The reflections are absolutely stunning. May need to try on my silver car.

16. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

The truck looks killer, especially with clean wheel wells. The results definitely look better than factory fresh.

i feel my pockets starting to lighten...blacklight is callin' my name.

17. Kilo6_one

yeah, im pretty much done using other sealants........

18. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

Ok, maybe I missed the final verdict on Blacklight. It is definitely a sealant, not a glaze? Last I heard, it was still up in the air, and honestly I'm too lazy to go looking for that other thread.:waiting2:

19. Kilo6_one

It is both/ can be. Some people follow up with V7 or spray sealant, some people top v7 with BL. some people don't even use sealant at all. its definatley a wierd situation, Ive played around with it and it is a great product either way.

20. mikenap

mikenap Jedi Nuba

That is different, to say the least. I'll probably wait til I thin out some products before making a move on it, but I'll be keeping an eye on what people are saying. Thanks for the quick reply!