Finally it arrived

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Nica, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been waiting for these gauges to arrive, the Pro Guage II. Just thought I'd post some pictures of the gauge.

[​IMG]
    I only ordered two and look at the size of the box :D

[​IMG]
    There in here some where lol

[​IMG]
    A...nice, they come in there own case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well I'll be putting this gauge to use this weekend, NICE!!!

So one guage down two more to arrive ;)

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

very cool, i look forward to the review ;)

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Sweeet!

4. eShine

eShine Guest

I had a fancy $2000 electronic gauge that went for a dump. It needs a new probe, like most companies they want to rape you and quoted me $1500 to replace the probe.....

I bought the above gauge (Pro-Gauge) and now use it. So simply, nothing to break and it is accurate, I knew my Mustang thickness on fendertop was 12mil from my electronic gauge, the Pro-Gauge II also read 12mil. Save you money, this gauge is just fine.

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:(:( It just doesn't work if you have a honda..or a saturn...or any car with plastic panels. I have seen guys use these before, but I never got a chance to use one myself.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm glad Chris told me about these gauges, becuase they will do the trick.

I've also ordered two other gauges as well, just for vehicles like sneek posted, Saturns have no steel on them hahahaha and don't get me started on the Honda's lol :D

Edit - okay I just edit this post about 3 times and the forum seems to be operating as it should be, not sure if this is thanks to the "admin" person but it's working good...for now :D

7. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

New Saturns have metal :):)

The Aura, Astra, Sky aren't made by Saturn...and that is why they are selling. Not to hate on a brand, but the interior still feels really really cheap in a lot of their cars. They SUV's are better than their cars, and the Sky feels more expensive than it is. I just don't think the Aura deserves to be car of the year. I test drove one, and the power delivery doesn't feel rushed at all. It feels like turbo lag..sans the turbo kick later. Our of the sedan class I think the Altima is the most responsive, the Accord comes second, Camry comes a distant third and the Aura would come fourth from a driving stand point. :D Honda's have a metal hood, roof, trunk, for the most part all body panels minus the bumpers. So I guess it does work on most panels. I think that taking the thickness on these panels is really important thought...I think that you are more likely to have to repaint your bumpers versus repainting your hood, roof or trunk. That is the only thing holding me back :(

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Volvo's are different, the hood is not metal...well that's from giving the gauge a quick use.

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Didn't see that coming! I thought for for sure a volvo had metal! Maybe it is composite designed for pedestrian safety.

PS: You will need your PosiTector 200 for the Enzo ;)

Woops I clicked edit instead of qoute...sorry!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Well my Volvo is a 1995 and I too assumed it was all metal, but when I placed the gauge on the hood it wouldn't stick to it...I did it fast though so maybe I'll give it a nother go at it this weekend.

Yup, I got the PosiTector 200 and the 6000 coming my way, it's just a mater of when to detail an Enzo ;) I've been speaking with Kulu apperently there is are now two Enzo's in Calgary. One is owned by Sajir (ZR) and another person in town has one, man if I ever get the opportunity to detail an Enzo I'll book a few weeks off work just for the Enzo...one of these days I'll detail one, weather it's my own or it's a customer don't matter but one of these days I will...it's just a mater of time.

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I love this gauge :D

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Why do u have so many gauges?
    Whats each one for?
    Price?

(and I cant load the pics posted at work :) )

13. Nica

Nica Banned

Well this Pro Gauge II was a back up but the PosiTectors are quite the gauges...more bells and features and what not.

The reason I went with the PosiTector 200 is becuae it will take reading on plastic, fiber glass..ect..ect..

The PosiTector 6000 will take readings on metal and alumimum...so with all three I'm set for anything that comes my way. Specially for those vehicle that owners have had other detailers work on, oh and lets not forget about wet sanding.

Price, the Pro Gauge II is about $50, PosiTector 200 about $1,800.00 and the PosiTector 600 about $1,600.00 I don't have the exact numbers in front of me but that's about right.

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Detail that MC12 in Calgary. It is like a super rare Enzo.

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

can u post a close up of what the readings say?

16. Nica

Nica Banned

What do you mean buddy? Post pictures when I'm using the gauge? I'm assuming that's what your talking about right?

Sorry I think I'm confusing my self here lol.

17. eShine

eShine Guest

Dang! You are hardcore Carlos! Three gauges. LOL. I though by suggesting the Pro-Gauge I was saving you money!

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Lol...what can I say I'm stuborn :(

I like back up though, and this gauge will be my back up...I'll be using it this weekend.

The only reason I got the other two is because one is for fiber glass and plastic and well the ohter one is..um...same as the Pro Gauge lol..