Finally got my Evo IX MR!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by BrendanS, Jul 30, 2010.

1. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

After a month long wait I finally was able to bring my Evo IX MR up to Canada. Little bit of history for you guys in the states, the Evo 8/9s are extremely rare where I am. We're talking more rare than F430s and LP560s in the summer. Before my own I've only seen 2 Evos in Vancouver other than the Evo X's. I'm loving every bit of the car, the pictures are of it during the detail and after. I've been looking for an Evo/STI for a while and finally got one. The car is currently sitting at 7300 miles (no not a typo). It's wearing 2 coats of Menzerna Powerlock and 1 coat of Autoglym HD Wax. Here are the pics

Paperwork ready for export!
    [​IMG]

3hr long drive and it's home...no they aren't all mine. The one on the left is ridiculously fast...600AWHP fast:cool:
    [​IMG]

After a good wash
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Letting the 1st coat of sealant cure for 12hrs
    [​IMG]

Post detail pictures! Car is wearing 2 coats of Menzerna Powerlock and 1 coat of Autoglym HD Wax if you missed it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

looks clean. be prepared to spend boku dollars for upgrades and repairs to the go fast parts.

how much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking.

3. BrendanS

The car was $24,500, don't worry I know how much maintenance and aftermarket parts cost lol. Already got an exhaust I'm throwing on there on Tuesday.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

not a bad price. which exhaust you gonna run?

5. JonM

JonM Guest

Awesome price. Funny story. I really wanted an Evo 9 MR as my first car, but my parents weren't having one bit of it. Mostly due to Mitsubishi's track record and what not. Ended up with an 06 STi which I absolutely adored, but the car racked up miles quickly due to how much I loved to drive it. I spoke to my mother and she said she'd help me out with the trade in and a further down payment etc. So my search began for an White Evo 9. Well I was able to find the second to last in the continental U.S., but unfortunately they wanted $46k!!!!!! for it. I said nope, and 5 months later I was a happy Audi S5 owner. Admittedly, the Evo will always have my heart. Congrats and enjoy it in good health.

6. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

$46 for an EVO, never!!!! for that you can get a used NSX with low miles

7. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

My friend had an EVO IX MR then sold it due to maintenance n got a S2k, it was very quick compared to all the cars I drove. we found a white MR in upstate NY for $21,500 with 50k on it, but he passed it up, n sticking to his s2000.

congrats to you!!!

8. BrendanS

Yup, considering there are higher mileage ones going for more I think this was a good deal. I'm throwing on a Greddy Ti-C paired with a Megan Downpipe. Going to do an o2 Dump next year.
    Thanks! Yeah the S5 is a beautiful car, it's funny though the STI is what made me want to get an Evo. At first I wanted an 06 STi and then decided I wanted a nice DD so that made me want to go with the new STI hatch. That was to soft feeling, so I looked at the Evo X, after the Evo X I felt like getting something raw so I got the Evo IX lol. Love every bit of it so far!
    Thanks! Yeah these are really fast out of the showroom. Next year I'll be getting the tune, hoping for at least 350AWHP.

9. JonM

JonM Guest

It was the second to last white MR in the states, not saying the car is, or isn't worth it, but thats just crazy selfish dealer markup. I'd never get an NSX. Far nicer, and faster cars in that price bracket.

Get some interior shots Brendan. The Evo is so raw, thats what I miss most about my rally machine.

10. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

awesome mate

and best colour for an evo!!

11. BrendanS

Thanks Jon! I'd get interior shots but it's pretty plain looking right now without Defi's or anything.
    Thanks! Yeah I love white evos.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Congrats Brendan. I know you'll take car of it. Drive safe buddy.

13. BrendanS

Thanks Ken! I'll be sure to do that...boost gets REALLY addicting:applause2::thud:

14. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

Evo was the best car I've ever owned. it literally just does everything right.

be safe, careful with that clutch and xfer case, and redline it every single time you drive it.

15. BrendanS

LOL...yeah I'll be really careful with it. The turbo kick is great with these cars:applause2:

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

3 cars and they are all white??? I would get bored with that...Jet black is the nice color, not for a rally car though...

17. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

That is truely beautiful, what a car. I have to admit I like the STI better because I feel like it has more character but the EVO is technically superior in almost every way. I can't believe white is such a rare color, no wonder you had to pay such a pretty penny for yours!

18. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

You are right this car is for sure more rare than 430s!

<3 I love the car! Are you in West Van? It kind of looks like west van from the pics, but it is pretty hard to tell.

19. BrendanS

Yup! I'm in Southeast Vancouver (Fraserview area). Where abouts are you?
    Thanks! I love STIs as well, definitely would like to have boxer rumble but it's no biggie. Lots of my friends have STIs so we can swap for a day lol
    haha they aren't all mine. I'll try to get a pic up from the bbq I was at today. But a shit load of STIs/Evos, couple EGs, 1 lotus, 1 E36 M3. It was wicked haha

20. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

F****** nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First car!!!!!!