Few things I picked up localy

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Nica, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Nica

Nica Banned

Just thought I'd share a few things I picked up at my friends Body Shop Supply Store, every time I go visit it I drop some coin....I should stop bringing my wallet :D yea right I'll just take it and then I got an IOU :rolleyes:

Well on to the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Meg's yellow foam applicators, 3M 2inch green tape and one of my go to clay bars

[​IMG]
    My friend has been pushing me to try this pad for a very long time so I finally broke down and purchased the 3M Ultrafina Polishing pad. One thing I'll say about it it's very soft...softer then the Meg's Polishing pad. So I'm curious to see how this pad will perform, oh and I got a vehicle waiting to be polish too ;) nice!

[​IMG]
    Oh looky here, Meg's Polishing pad. I still like these pads and I'll keep on using them :D

[​IMG]
    I really like these bottles, not cheap but they are wicked bottles. These are both chemical resistant bottles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I purchased a set of brushes for tuch up paint, these brushes were not cheap at all but they are very fine that they make touching up paint chips really easy...so well worth the price. I used one of these brushes on the black Subaru, it had two chips that required touching up. Brushes came in handy :D

[​IMG]
    Sorry for the blury pictures but my camera was not co-operating :eek:

Well just thought I'd post some goodies...more (lots) more to come ;)

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

very cool, where is this shop? I really want to pick some stuff up but dont wat to have to wait for an order.
    ohh and how do you like the megs pads? I have looked at picking some up but was wondring how good they are.

TIA

3. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D Megs pads are fantastic. The foam IMO is better than Lake Country, the only issue is that they aren't as durable as Lake Country Pads. Approx how much are those sprayers? I have some from Rona and Canadian Tire, but those look better.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with sneek, Meg's foam pads are wicked but they don't last that much. The pad that I currently have is all chewed up, I can still use it but I just wanted some back up.

As for the bottles they are about $50 ish each..I honestly dont really look at pricess when I'm at his place I just tell him what I need and he brings me what I ask for plus some more for me to try out.

5. Calgarydetail

50bucks wow,I thought the 25 buck ones Igot from rona were alot.

so where is this store?I really want to gonow. I should go after my exam tom.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

The store is located close to Deerfoot Mall, it's by that building that sneek won't let me speack about lol ;)

One thing about the shop though is that you have to know what you want before you go there. I've only once been allowed to the back...and I was in heaven rows upon rows of detailing products....SSSWWWWEEEETTTTT!!

7. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

How much are those bottles?

8. Nica

Nica Banned

If I'm not mistaken they are about $50 ish...perhaps a little bit less but with taxes about $50 Canadian that is.

9. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

wow that is kind of steep! I was actaully thinking about getting a few battery powered foamers/ sprayers, and IIRC they are about 40. :| The ones that I buy are $9.**.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Battery powered foamers/sprayers? mmmm...that has a nice ring to it...mmm....:D

11. Calgarydetail

battery powe sprayer? where I want some.. i thouh they where only made for a limied time for some otc product..... and for like 10 bucks... man im excited :eek:

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Yuck...after working at Canadian Tire I am like a walking flyer. They are in the gardening section and they are chemical reisitant as well. The part numbers start with 58. The tops are available without a container for $9.99, so you can connect them to existing bottles, there is a 1 gallon battery powered sprayer selling for 35 ish and it is the same sprayer head with a longer hose attacked to a one gallon container. The one gallon sprayer features a shoulder strap so you dong have to carry it with your other hand.

Yes I am disgusted with myself that i know this info.

13. Nica

Nica Banned

lol....your funny sneek :D :D :D

14. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D once your thickness gauges come, the only detailing tool you won't have is a gloss meter. I have been itching to buy one for sometime now, to scientifically prove that some products are far superior to others. I think if I am not careful then am going to spend all my scholarship money on detailing supplies.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I look forward on receiving all my paint gauges and new toys...to b honest I can't say I've ever heard of the gloss meter but does sound interesting. I would be a bit carefull as to how you spend your money, I'm fortunet that I'm all done school and have money to spend on my passion. It wasen't always like that though, during school I hardly had any money barely got by....but small sacrafise for a larger price. I've always beleaved in work hard an you will be rewarded...so far it's worked for me :D

16. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Oh the gloss meter is the next level.. I dont even think Paul Dalton has one. The one I have been looking at is about $600-2000. It can literally tell you how glossy something is. Some old school guys used to use them. I can't find any videos besides the Meguiar's video on them. but here it is.

http://www.meguiars.com/video/index...VideoName=Barry Meguiar's Wax Clinic - Part 3

It features Barry Meguiar and Mike Pennington.

this is the one i am looking at

http://www.gloss-meters.com/

EDIT: the one that Meguiar's HQ uses is much more sophisticated that the regular ones.

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Gloss meters, wow.

Nica, those bottles are battery powered? I never knew that :p. Man you're always getting some cool toys :D

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey klumzy, na the bottles I picked up are not battery powered. Got to use manual labor to pump the bottles. Sneek mention the battery operated bottles and sounds interesting.

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru