Ferrari 456GT with Crystal Rock

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Macmini, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Macmini

Macmini Any Rag Vehicle Washer

hi there!

well...finally i come to post this detail :)

this was the object for two days in a row, a 456gt from 1994 with a good 55tkm on the clock. the bonnet got a respray. color is called "pozzi blue" which is singlestage. some parts got pretty deep scratches which couldnt be removed completely but given the amount of time i had for this car i'd say i achieved som 98% correction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rather than doin it the "old style" with uploading gazillion pictures i decided to put this detail on video (about 10 minutes long) and put it up on my .mac account :)

enjoy :) :

.Mac Web Gallery

in total the video is something above 100mb so it might have to load once entirely before you can view without any interruptions :)

used stuff in this detail were:

wash:

dodo born to be mild (i love this stuff!!)
    mixture of ssf and z7
    2bm
    zymöl sponge

polish:

nearly everything i had, from 3m to menzerna. in the end i stick to fc+ here and there, menz ip and both final finish polishes
    due to the fact there was no clearcoat on the paint i nearly ruined my entire pad stock :awesome:

lsp:

cf followed by
    sv crystal rock applied with a pad

after applying the wax - which is as easy as applying butter, its just so soft. like destiny, vintage or supernatural - i led the car stand outside in the bare sun for about 3 hours, also this is recommended by swissvax. after that i gave the car a final buff. i must say that i havent seen anything as such before - the finish really gained even more clarity and wetness within/after these 3 hours (in the movie its called: "nach weiteren 3 stunden) which can also be seen in the video i think!

cheers

mac

2. bjoern5878

bjoern5878 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Awsome work!
    Very nice movie!

Mac where are you from in germany?

3. Macmini

Macmini Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hamburg!

4. bjoern5878

bjoern5878 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Schade nicht gerade um die Ecke!

Sorry for German

5. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

is it just me or does it sound like the woman in the song has the sniffels?:giggle: thanks for sharing great job!!!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice, the video is a nice touch :worship2:

So what is this .mac gallery? How do you get it? hmm...:thinking: perhaps it's time to hit google :computer:

Thank you for sharing Macmini :peace:

7. Charlies02GLS

Charlies02GLS Jedi Nuba

Excellent work. The video was easily worth the bandwidth even on my lowly DSL connection.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

whoa very nice!

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Cannot beat a nice looking single stage Ferrari, funnest paint to play with!

10. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Very nice

11. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great work, very deep finish. I love the video. Man, that i a hot car.