Ferrari 400i - V12 Symphony

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Racer, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Racer

Racer Birth of a Detailer

Good

Ferrari 400i Automatic is a model of the famous house of Maranello, almost unknown by most of the general public.
    This model especially at the time caused much confusion to some, as has been coupled a box automatic.

[​IMG]

It is a model of the least known coupes 2 +2 with engine will front, its design derived from the 365 GT4 2 +2 version of the famous Daytona.
    This model is 1981 and suffered a repintura be around a decade ago, with many brands of years but still delight with his breath divinal
    Propelled the 12 cylinders in V

[​IMG]

For obvious reasons the engine part that was not met any detail, 25 years and 68000 kms not there will of the owner to do so, much less the detailer

The engine is a V12, 24 V to 4823 cc and some of 320 hp / 6400 rpm.
    The torque is a respectable 412 nm @ 4200 rpm, nothing bad to atmospheric with 25 years;)

It was a job but not scheduled within the framework of the mini tour conducted by me, to 2 weeks to Porto.
    The aspect of the painting was very bad and still achieve noted some brands of a polishing will be male, but the degree of swirls was immense.

[​IMG]

The interior was padded to some years, but only the banks remained the rest was original and detailing it was not possible , but will explain more front because each thing at the time.
    With a V12 in the hands have to be calm and especially taste therefore appreciate the details.

[​IMG]

A little experience with APC very light, I think that was even more mixtures of light ever did, showing the results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here the seat was divided in half to have a precise idea of the progress of work and the result was great.

[​IMG]

After washing, decontamination and isolation .

[​IMG]

Despite the 25 years the painting was not the original and duplicate of micragem of varnish, it was VERY patent, almost seemed he was polishing a car German instead of a Ferrari ...:

[​IMG]

The process was cut with a mix of polish, because the color was a gray medium.
    The Makita into action with the yellow / IP @ 1400 rpm, 90% of swirls out soon and were the most funds, those left in charge of green PO85U/PC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The insistence was not great and I can say that the bonnet was the most abused of swirls, and the central superior was terrible having been at 90% of swirls least,
    [SIZE = "2"] I said that the area was a central polished.

In all the details have more or less difficult areas of polishing, and the most rewarding in personal enjoyment is even the more complicated when ... was the result of this case: D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The IP here with yellow sponge / rotating @ 1200 has been a complete failure and opted to use Optimum Compound which is a little higher (in aggressiveness)

The OC was used with yellow / rotating @ 1200 rpms for some long minutes, and gave some shares to 1500 rpms, the same was good was not dust and gave almost no result.
    The green with makita @ 1200 rpms and IP is the next step, following a sponge white (green had not cleaned;)) and with PO85U PC.

[​IMG]

The time that mediates this picture and the 2 previous 36 minutes were here was to the Optimum height and believe that Menzerna has a gap in this area.

Let me explain, in the scale of 0 to 5 has cut through the PG 5 and the next is
    3.5 with PO91L (IP), there is a blank area slightly great .. 1.5, 0-5: rolleyes:

The Compound of Optimum overcomes the IP to cut slightly, but in this case was not enough to enter the white shark of varnish.

The pretty and now retro back but that was dreaming, this detailer, recalls the back of vettes:
    Here are the marks of surface washes and poorly made little careful maintenance.

[​IMG]

A situation easily solved with a dose of IP and PO85U, sponges oranges and green respectively, helped by the mythical PC that despite already be in almost 500 hours of use, remains equal to itself: god: god:

[​IMG]

Arriving in another area complex, the doors and this model of almost 5 meters in comprimdo, they were enormeeessss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This area has been polished with the Makita and sponge cutting, IP @ 1200 x 2 following
    PC with a white sponge and PO85U.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

If you say that the only thing I did was use the green, PO106FF @ 1200 x 2 believe? : D

Back in the bonnet and the panorama was this, nothing good, nothing even good indeed .. this panel had nothing to do with nothing, despite the size unable to flee to the claws of brooms: (

[​IMG]

Here was all polished with rotating and led 3 phases, despite being gray since besides the hardness of varnish be immense defects were worse.
    Namely then the procedure taken, cut with sponge, wool, mutton (never thought to use it in a ferrari, but extreme situations require extreme measures: D) and IP, then sponge with orange and IP even with the rotating and always @ 1200 rpms.

The finishing was done for PC/PO85U and green.

[​IMG]

Guard sludge before the detail

[​IMG]

Then with green and PO85U x 2

[​IMG]

Time to take the powder from the top of the shoulders and begin to prepare for the final stages of finishing.

[​IMG]

Here even without finishing end, only polished and washed in the sun: D

[​IMG]

Among them try to return the brightness and grandeur to the cavallino, which has delayed some for damage, I do not understand the mind of these cases lost regards to lack of brain activity:
    The original point after well washed with 1Z UC

[​IMG]

Then with an applicator of green and polishing 1Z Chrome, in the central zone of the cavallino

[​IMG]

With more detail ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now was ready

After finishing all as usual and resuming the photos .

[​IMG]

The wax was the P21S, highlights the flake and reflects how few

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All were cleaned with chrome 1Z UC and polished with 1Z Chrome.

[​IMG]

While the success is very bright and in the elimination of oxidation, pq risks
    Were little removed ... always 25 years of friction with the environment: (

[​IMG]

Appearance of the roof more detail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The optical were polished very lightly with Plast X of meguiars and protected with CG FS.

[​IMG]

Here was past cloth with only qd, and another product could descolorar something as old as beautiful

[​IMG]

The wonderful V12 waiting to be able to sing higher than their "grades" leave Reviews: god:

[​IMG]

Turning to the darker pictures to verify thereby the quality of reflexes, and here the 400i

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rims were polished with 1Z PP and sealed with PB WS x 2

[​IMG]

Glass with polished glass polish and PC, sealed with CG FS.

[​IMG]

The tires with the always willing to shine BTS

[​IMG]

The escapes were all polished with Autosol Metal Polish, and the pots (and has been madness but finally) cleaned with MPC and conditioned with Kunstoff, resulted well and I will shortly confirm its durability.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For more years that pass this opposite style of the beautiful Daytona (see Sonny's car of the original Miami Vice;)), continues to always cause a smile. : God:

[​IMG]

Pininfarina and arrives: god:

[​IMG]

The interior as I mentioned at the beginning of the post was all clean with MPC and 1Z UC, the MPC was a mixture light, and the linings of the original doors do with ck cloth and water desbotavam ... why was cleared only with the powder dry cloth .

[​IMG]

The rest of the carpets were aspiradas with extractor of water, cleaned and conditioned with the estogos Leather 1Z.
    The dashboard was cleaned and led NL SW.

[​IMG]

The cause of so much contention at the time, the automatic, where everything was clean as normal and the polished chrome with 1Z Chrome.
    The wood was the only phase of the cleanup, we have no way to protect a particular qdo has 25 years in active: D

[​IMG]

Polido with MPP and sealed with CG FS.

[​IMG]

The ceiling was all clean with MPC and conditioning with CR Stuff Leather.

The car was delivered to the owner and it was the promise of new details: D

That is all, I hope your comments and am here to answer

ps: THIS DETAIL WAS CONDCUTED IN 2006 and sorry for the translation by google.

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Very nice work my friend, I've seen these in real life before (museum in Europe) and have always enjoyed these.

Thanks for bringing it back to life!

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Nice work Racer! It looks like you do a lot of high end details. I wish we had more high end cars in my area.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Wow I've never seen a Ferrari like that before. Awesome work!

5. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Awesome correction and return of the dancing horse!......:applause:

6. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

wow you work on some very nice cars!

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

WOW! Outstanding work once again! Thanks for sharing!