Favourite shampoo/soap

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Calgarydetail, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

So what is your fav shampoo or soap and why?

i will start. Mine is ONR, ok so its not really either but it goes under the the washing section.
    I loe onr becasue i can wash my car in the drive way without worrying about the bylaw (its illegal to let soap go down the drain. It results ina 500 buck fine)
    it does a great job of cleaning without marring the paint..

so optimum no rinse is my fav wash soap

2. eShine

eShine Guest

Mine is Poorboys SS&S. When I first starting using it I actually did not like it at all. I then found I was not using enough according the the funny text on the bottle. After using the proper amount I just find it sooo slippery and it rinces easily. Bylaw.. pshaw, boor bastards. :D

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

the bylaw sucks here, for the most part its not an issue, I know very few peoplw who have been fined. They seem to go to the less fortune neigbout hoods (not to be an ass but its not often tyou see bylaw officers driving in the nicer neighborhoods).
    I normaly was the cars on sunday, i go home for diner every sunday so its a good chance to spend time with my little bro or sis. Becasue both houses are being renevated next to the folk bylaw and copsa re there almost everyday (includiong sunday). I have used my warning, and i cannot afforf 500 bucks for a car wash

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I love Poorboy's soap too! I also like DP 4 in 1. I will be getting the ONR once I run out. I also like CG's Citrus Wash and Gloss. There's my top 3! Oh yeah, Duragloss 901 is another soap I like too :).

Edit: Einszett Perls is pretty nice for its beading. The only downside for me is it doesn't become a bubble bath. I know that's not important, but that's a personal matter :p.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I have a few favorites. I really love Pinnacle Bodywork shampoo - gentle on carnauba waxes, tons of suds, lots of lubricity. Poorboy's SS&S, Optimum are very nice also, and so are Four Star, and Duragloss.
    I like Chemical Guys Citrus wash-n-gloss for tougher jobs.
    Out of no rinse I really like DP 4-in-1 (still haven't tried my sample of Optimum No Rinse).

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

my favorite is optimum and pinnicle shampoo. both have nice sudds and lots of lubricity

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

My favs in order would be Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss, Majestic Solutions Wash & Wax, and DP Xtreme Foam. All of those I use in my foam cannon. Now if I were going strictly bucket wash my fav would be Surf City Pacific Blue by far.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Mine is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash 'n Gloss. Here are my reasons:

1) It's under $20 for a gallon
    2) It's very very slick, tons of suds
    3) Very versatile, makes a great wheel cleaner
    4) Only one ounce of shampoo per 5 gallons of water

Need I say more?

9. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Lets see.

I will take a top5 :p

1) Optimum Car shampoo
    2) CG wash and gloss
    3) Dp xtreme foam
    4) CG suds
    5) Dp 4 in 1 and ONR
    6) And pinnacle bodywork :p

10. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

Adam's Car Wash FTMFW! Suds and smells perfect! (oh yeah and its pH neutral so it doesn't strip my Swissvax Concorso)

11. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

I haven't tried many, but ive been very happy with DG901. I add a little DP 4in1 for slickness and water conditioning sometimes, and that works well too.

Ive used CG wash and gloss, and I like it for stripping the paint, its strong and cleans well with alot of suds.

12. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

Same here ..i add a few caps of ONR to soften the water and reduce water spotting

13. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

1) DG #901 shampoo
    2) CG Citrus
    3) Dp xtreme foam
    4) Poorboy's SS&S
    5) Adam's

14. Nica

Nica Banned

:what: man you guys love soap :thumb:

My favorite I too have a few, but the one I keep using the most is Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo....I just like the price and how slick it is...I also like Pinnacle Shampoo and the soap I use on my vehicles is Zymol Auto Bathe.

Depending on the vehicle I'll use any of those three. If I'm doing a full correction I'll just use Meg's but if it's a vehicle that I've done before I'll use either Pinnacle or Zymol...very rarely though will I use Pinnacle or Zymol :confused:

I haven't hand to many vehicle return that I've done a full paint correction :cry2:

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Pinnacle Bodyworks

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

why for there coconut oils:poke:

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

you got me, tom.

18. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

CG WnG for customer cars
    1. Its cheap
    2. Its strong- I use it to clean wheel wells and tires, can be used to clean wheels too.
    3. Awesome suds, works great in bucket and foam cannon
    4. Great lubricity- I use it as my clay lube too

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I'll be getting some Pinnacle Soap soon to use for the weekend. Can't wait to try it out!

20. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I've really been sold on the Adam's car soap... While I haven't tried many of the ones you guys have stated here, the Adams is really nice. Excellent suds, super slippery, and you don't need a lot. Plus it smells nice.