Favorite wheel well dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cooter, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Whats your favorite wheel well dressing?? What kinda finish does it leave??:thinking:

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

My favorites are and in this order:

1. Chemical Guys Bare Bones
    2. Majestic Solutions Quick Details
    3. Stoners Trim Shine

All three leave the wheel wells very shiny and black and have very good durability. I haven't seen any of them attract dust. I like Bare Bones the best because it's not an aeresol and is easier to use and get even coverage plus its cheaper than the other two. MS QDs and Stoners are about neck and neck with MS QDs getting the nod because it smells like bubble gum.:joint:

3. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

CG bare bones/fade to black...or CG silk shine dressing...both leave a nice shiny black to the wheel wells...

4. Caraman

Caraman Virgin Detailer

Chemical Guys Extreme VRP does a fine job on wheel wells; leaves a shiny finish.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I use Adam's Undercarriage, which I've been very happy with!

6. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh very interesting thread, as I have been wondering the same.

I've tried Stoners Trim Shine, works good no complaints on it. I've also tried using Optimum Tire Shine and Optimum Protection Plus on the wheel wells and they both actually perform quite well...but still looking for a product dedicated to the wheel wells.

Look forward to more info :peace:

7. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

+1 for Adam's

8. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I've been using Stoner Trim shine on fenderwells and I get it by the 5 gallon jug. I detail for a living so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a dedicated fenderwell dressing. The Trim Shine leaves a nice clean matte finish.

9. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

+2 for Adam's Undercarriage Spray

10. Jimmie

Jimmie Birth of a Detailer

AA Tire Foam as much for its cleaning ability.

11. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thanks for all the replies. I've got a few of the products listed except for the BareBones and Extreme VRP. I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the replies.

12. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

+3 on Adam's...good stuff, but make sure you put something under your wheel wells as it drips down while it's drying and could potentially stain concrete / garage floor.

13. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Wow never knew it was that strong, thank god I always apply it in the driveway.

14. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

After thorough cleaning, I use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing at 3:1. It provides a dark, slightly glossy sheen, enough for you to know it's there. It is water based, so if you get some on the paint it won't be a PITA to get off.

A gallon is around $35ish at ADS, and it will go a LONG way.

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I mostly use AA tire foam... best bang for the buck... can streak a little, but does a great job for cleaning as well.

have used Adams/CG Undercarriage, both work the same, smells nice

16. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

I've been using Stoner's Trim Shine, since my local Murray's was clearing them out @ 2.50 a can. Looks pretty nice! I'm not sure what I'll be switching to when thats all used up, so I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. Is trim shine avail. in bigger sizes than the standard aerosol?

Pete

17. hockeyplaya13

hockeyplaya13 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

AA Tire Foam. You can't really see mine, so streaking isn't a problem, but it keeps them nice and black.

18. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

My Favs:

Griots Undercarriage Spray
    CG Bare Bones
    Street Appeal Tire Dressing

19. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

meg's hyperdressing

20. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

geez, you guys make me want to try everything!

hopefully theres a line on the bankruptcy statement that says reason for bankruptcy cuz im puttin DB! and then listing everyones user name!