Favorite Wax?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Solidsnake, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Hey guys, this is just an attempt to start a conversation, I want to know whats your favorite wax and why you picked it as your favorite?

Obviously my favorite would be Zymole Royale, but realistically I've been happy with Onyx and hopefully have enough for some Crystal Rock soon, simply because I just fell in love with SwissVax, its been amazing, the way it looks, the way it works, the way you apply it. Anyway, tell me what you think.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Dodo Juice Supernatural, Rubbish Boys OE, Lusso Oro, CG 5050, Pete's 53.

3. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

CG Ezyme, Pete's 53, Lusso Oro

4. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

My favorites have been SV Smaragd and Saphir. However, I really like Saphir better between the two.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Saphir has been on my list, along with concorso, for my next wax to purchase.

I have narrowed down my entire collection (by selling trading all the rest) to these favorites:

RBOE
    SN
    Lusso Oro
    Natty's Red
    Collinite 845

I don't really see anything else I need, but I have not tried Zymol or Swissvax yet.

Out of all of them, the nod probably goes to RBOE. Good price, excellent looks, and with the new finger applicator from Ben, I use a lot less product per coat. I can easily see 25+ coats out of a pot.

6. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Interesting on the Saphir. I applied it to my SUV yesterday, and got hazing on every single panel, except the roof, which didnt get the SV. It got collinite.

My favorite wax is Glasur.

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Souveran, just so easy to put on and take off. Quick and easy. Looks great too.

Saphir is a great wax too. Looks great. Easy on/ easy off. Half the price of Smargd too!!well almost

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Lusso Oro and Pete's 53 for me! That's only because they are only 2 of 3 major waxes I have tried haha someday...someday...

9. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I love Saphir! The only problem I have is that I have two tubs of Smaragd that I need to use up. The only wax that I have issues with would be Dodo SN. SN leaves hazing as well as residue a few days later. That's even after giving it a few wipe downs.

10. slanguage

Do you have Saphir?

11. flash gordon

flash gordon Banned

Wonder what question comes next^^^ :shakehead:

12. slanguage

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to get rid of mine yet. I think all the humidity we have been having here might just be the reason why it hazed up so much.

Talking to a few members via pm before I give up on it.

13. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Wow, I'm surprised to see the vast amount of products people use, I have to say I'm surprised there aren't that many people with Swiss Vax, I thought it'd be one of the most common. Never tried Saphir, so I can't tell you anything about that.

14. slanguage

I actually have a lot of waxes. Some I traded before I even tried them to get other ones I want to try.

The 2 best waxes I have ever used under 20 bux were S100 and collinite 845.

15. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I want to try S100, I bought P21s but heard S100 is just as good for half the price, and I have a 4 oz. sample of 845 that I am stoked to try.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

for me its swissvax concorso{best of show} also pinnacle line of waxes .. souveran and sig series 2 ..

17. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

So far, my favorite waxes are:

1) Souveran
    2) Fuzion
    3) Best of Show
    4) Harly Wax

Harly Wax is a great buy, easy to apply and remove, and looks good. It really should get more attention, IMO.

The above list is subject to change at a whim's notice. :)

18. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

Victoria's Red just shot to the near top of the list for me. Such easy on/off and each layer produces more gloss and depth!

some of my other favs include RBOE and Dodo Juice SN.

19. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

For me it would be

1...Fuzion
    2...Souveran
    3...Sig Series II
    4...Black Fire Midnight Sun

Would like to try

1...Super Natural
    2...S.V.Concorso

20. loudog2

loudog2 Two Bucket System Washer