Favorite sealant and colors

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by yamabob, Apr 21, 2013.

1. yamabob

yamabob Two Bucket System Washer

Ok Guys.Probably been asked a hundred times and I more than likely can find things using search. But being the pain and enjoying your responses it worth it to ask again
    I own several vehicles ranging 2- pure black,2- metallic red, 1-red,1-Metallic silver. The Silver is my baby and I use Concorso as the LSP with PL on the roof. Having these colors-which sealant do you guys like best( not including the nano's).Or am I better of with several for pure colors and one for metallic?

2. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

Here is what I've used:
    Opti-Seal v.1 - bright and glassy look, stoopid easy & quick to use, so-so durability (three or four months in non-winter conditions). I hear that v.2 is significantly more durable but I haven't tried it. Winner for ease/speed.
    BFWD - darkens, has a degree of depth-look for a sealant but doesn't match waxes, easy to use, dusts if you apply too much, four or five months durability in non-winter conditions. Narrowly the winner for look
    AF Tough Coat - less bright and glassy than many sealants but still not a wax look, ease about the the same as BFWD, durability similar to BFWD, maybe a hair longer, nasty solvent-y smell. I've always used it over Tough Prep.
    Duragloss 105 (I've mostly used this as part of a a 501>601>105 combination) - the most work of the above to apply/remove (used alone) but still easy, probably the most durable. The look still says sealant but not as plastic shell looking as some. Narrowly the winner for durability.
    CG JetsSeal 109 - crap durability, maybe two months, way over priced for what it delivers. The back of the pack.

I also have Prima Hydro Seal and Ultima Paint Guard Plus but I haven't used either one yet. I did use a sample of Wekstat Acrylic Jet Trigger but it was only enough for a single application so I don't really have an informed opinion.

3. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Duragloss 601/501 on light colors
    Duragloss 601/105 on dark colors

^^^ IMO one of the best bangs for the buck.

Use UPGP on my Grabber Blue Shelby, usually do three coats 45 mins apart. So easy to use, use very little, love the look, durability is hard to determine bc car is garage kept, stored for the winters and only sees weekend duty.

4. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

That Concorso used to be mine!

5. yamabob

yamabob Two Bucket System Washer

Yep sure was.I like it better than my Insignis V2