favorite part of a detail

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Apr 18, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

everyone has their favorite part, whats yours?

I personally love dressing tires, but that was only after i got white pearl. Before when i still had meguiars hot shine gel, i would dread it

2. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

I agree. I love tire dressing too. It's the icing on the cake so to speak, it make s a big impact on the exterior, and I do it last...nice and rewarding that way :)

3. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

applying LSPs and dressing the exterior!

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Taking the last layer of LSP off, after the hours of work the final step is done and you get to relax for a bit before starting the long clean up processes.

5. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Foaming the car

6. Tjfrom215

Tjfrom215 Birth of a Detailer

I like when I get to apply NU FINISH, just kidding,
    hahaha I love dressing tires, I also love when im all done
    just standing there with a drink looking at the car, ahhhh
    beautiful

7. dave_zok

dave_zok Guest

Dressing the Engine bay. It is not that much work, some tight areas, but make a huge differance. I just started using Adams VRT cut in half and it makes it look awesome.
    NO matter who's car i detailng i love doint the engine.

8. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

My favorite part is at the end when you get paid! haha

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I love using my foam cannon :)

10. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I love removing the LSP since the paint starts shining through and you can really see the glow of a job well done. Tires are definately the icing on the cake though, you can polish a car to perfection and dress every single trim piece but it will never look complete until you dress the tires in my opinion.

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Watching the happy owner drive away with it all nice and proper...

Seriously, after grinding the paint for HOURS, it's nice to see the car go.....

12. mazdaspeed

mazdaspeed Virgin Detailer

watching the customer's expression when they pick up there car....makes all the hours worth it....and getting paid for something you love to do

13. evolutionwc3

evolutionwc3 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Finishing the interior. It used to be my least favorite thing to do but I love the feeling of knowing it's completed and perfect for the remainder of the detail.

14. Audi2.7t

Audi2.7t Two Bucket System Washer

Definitely removing the LSP, revealing the shine beneath!

15. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Jeweling... I could do it for hours and hours and hours....

16. StrwBryFruitCake

StrwBryFruitCake Any Rag Vehicle Washer

rinsing after washing

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Wheel cleaning. It's kind of back-breaking but I absolutely love it.

18. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

The final walkaround before declaring the job is done.

19. Atom Bomb

Atom Bomb Two Bucket System Washer

The beer afterwards ;)

20. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Same!

And applying INSIGNIS :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: :dance: :elefant: