Favorite LSP?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

i have seen this many times before so I thought it would be fun if we had something similar.

So what is your favorite LSP? and mnore importanly why?

so I have a few

1. Zymol Titanium- this stuff lasts 6 or 7 seven weeks in Calgary, battys blue lasts 2. Im sure I couldhave goten more out of it but I didnt wat to. It beads well, looks great and it relativlly inexpensive

2. Victoria wax Concours- This is an easy to use wax, lasts forever like zymol titanium, looks great, if you want depth this is the wax to use. Its also realtivly inexensive compared to many premium waxes.

I have not inlcuded zymol concours since I dont use it often, its a great waxbut its expensive, and to methats a huge down fall. Its not somehting I am willing to use on every car I do.

So whats yours and why?

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Calgary why not add SOuveran? :p just kidding.

I really like Pinnacle SSII, easy on easy off, but I have only noticed a nice flake popping with this wax on our dark green 4 runner. I haven't had an eye for wax difference yet when it comes to a waxed and unwaxed panel... I need to develop an eye for wax haha.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I like SSII and Jetseal.

4. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

SSll, souveran, maxwax, DG105 and 501, megs 21 and WDGPS. Hopefully jetseal soon.

5. Calgarydetail

I dont like souveran, i dont think it does a good job. it dosent give enough gloss or deapth. I really dont think it competes with the higher end zymols like they say.

man you like very way lol, but of those which one do you tink is best?

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I can`t choice one :p lol. Everyone is good, just on different cars etc

7. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

All of mine are usually LSP combos.

1. M21+M16, looks great! Good depth, shine and warmth.
    2. Collinite 476 + OCW - Decent look and protection...but it beads like nothing else.
    3 M66+M21 very fast, very good looking
    4. M20
    5. S100 - It is only okay, but it is fun to apply.
    6. Perfecars beta wax batch 33. The rest of them were only so so.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...hard to pick one to be honest but so far it would have to be Victoria Concours and Zymol Concours. I'm very pleased with both...but wait till the secret stash arrives :D then I have a feeling I'm going to favour a certan LSP :D :D :D :D

10. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I just saw the beading of Wolfgang in the rain tonight...MAN it was some tight ass beads and they loved to slide off the car. Another LSP favorite in terms of beading :) haven't really checked out the looks yet, I need to wash the 4 Runner again cause it's dusty.

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Im going to get some Petes 53' and Blitz soon too.

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I liked applying the Pete's, it was easy! I can't comment on the looks cause I didn't take the time to actually LOOK at it.

13. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Same here.I am really becoming a fan of zymol and victoria

14. Calgarydetail

there are alot of naysayers, they say its over priced, but if you ask me you get what you pay for. They are great products, ad im a beliver they do a better job.... im glad you are liking them as well

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I totally agree with you Calgary, there is somethign about the Zymol wax's and how they finish off...I honestly don't know how to describe it besides that it gives the vehicle that extra umph...I've tried taking pictures but pictures don't really capture it....well maybe if I knew how to take good pictures that would help a bit hahahaha.

16. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Agreed!Mosy people who knock expensive waxes have never used them.You cannot compare pete's 53 to glasur or victoria concours,Titanium etc.

17. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

I have to go with what mike and carlos have said. The higher end waxes, esp. with the high end zymols, gives you that little extra something. On mikes dads jag it made the red almost seem a different color. It was totally amazing. Therefore my fav. LSP so far is Titanium, and I cannot wait to see the higher end products from them!!

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I dont think high end waxes are worth the price difference in looks, but then again I dont think the M5 is worth 2x the price of a base 5 series.

Having said that, Im looking to try Vintage and buying it if I like it, and I own an M5 LOL

19. eShine

eShine Guest

I like quality Carnauba's period. I tried sealants for a while and just dont care about durability. I love the depth and warmth of a carnauba. I like SSII, P21S is OK. I have been using my P16S for a while with great results (P21S and Meguiars #16 melted together).

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

form my own collection:
    Favorite soft waxes..
    1. Swisvax BOS
    2. Dodo Juice rain forest rub.. (this is very close to Zymol in finish and depth)

Hard wax..
    1. Dodo juice banana armour
    2. good old natty's blue.

Polish.
    1. Zaino Z2 pro esp with ZFX
    2. Chemical guys wet mirror finish.