Fast Brite headlight restorer and Wipe New trim restorer?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by DJBAILEY, Dec 29, 2012.

1. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

Okay, I've seen the low budget commercials a few hundred times now. People at work that know about me having a detailing side business have asked me at least a dozen times whether the Fast Brite headlight restorer and Wipe New trim restorer really works. I can't say that I have seen it mentioned in any posts on the forums I like to checked.

Has anyone bit the bullet and bought some? Is it all hype? The Wipe New trim restorer reminds of a product called Plastic Renew. Not sure if it still around but PAC used to sell it. They sure do wipe on a very wet coat in the commercial. The Fast Brite headlight restorer looks something like a uerathane coating that just fills the crazing. I can still see the crazing on my big HDTV on that commercial on some of the close-ups.

I tell people that the headlight stuff doesn't look like it removes the spent plastic and that they are still leaving decaying plastic there. Not sure what to think about the Wipe New trim restorer. They make claims as bold as Gtechniq C4 and Carpro DLUX.

2. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

I'm waiting for this yet unreleased (tentative release date is the middle of January 2013) Optimum product:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. fuzzybam

fuzzybam Virgin Detailer

I am going to wait for the Optimum headlight stuff.

4. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I've used Plexus for years and none of my family's vehicles have any headlight issues, the Toyota is a 2008, Mazda is 2010 and the GTI I just traded was a 08, all have headlight lenses that looked as good as the day they installed. Plexus sure lasts a long time too, same bottle lasted me a 3-4 years. I just spray and rub it in every 3 months or so. Once of prevention is worth a pound of cure as Ben would say.

5. SoCal Garage

SoCal Garage DB Forum Supporter

I'm a huge fan of Plexus, but I use it on one of our daily drivers (Cadillac CTS) and the outer frame of the headlight lens still crazed-out like crap over time although I apply it and let it stand for a good thirty minute after every wash. Plexus is still my favorite for clear film protection. This daily driver is going this year, but I want to let it go after removing the crazing and applying this new Opti-Lens product.

6. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

I guess the Fast Brite headlight restorer and Wipe New trim restorer looked to simple to be real. I'm aware of all the good choices available, but the average joe does not and that's who keeps asking me about it. I will definately purchase a few units of the Opti-Lens to have on hand. Sounds like an improvement over using OC. Plexus can't restore a cloudy crazed up lens though. I prefer the DP Plex-All over Plexus.

By the way I did a few sets of headlights this summer where I had fully wetsanded and then polished them out and used Gtechniq C4 because I had run out of OC. I have already had call backs from 2 customers that report that the lenses are turning cloudy white already.
    So C4 may be a good choice to apply to new good condition lenses, but is not up to the task of replacing the lens coating.

I'll be sticking to the Opti-Lens/OC from now on.

7. SDMDChris

SDMDChris Birth of a Detailer

I saw that commercial too and they wipe new looked nice but it's a gimmick. Probably lasts a few days then fades away. But for like $20 I guess it's worth a try?