EZ Creme glaze - Pad??

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dschribs, Oct 13, 2009.

1. dschribs

dschribs Virgin Detailer

I'm going to be trying Chemical Guy's E-Z Creme Glaze for the first time on my black truck.

Which Uber pad should I use?? Blue or black??? They both say they are suitable for glaze.

Thanks!

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I would go with black as it has no cut to it, I know EZ-Creme has some light cleaners but I would go with black.

3. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

I thought black has very little cut and that blue had no cut?:shrug:

Are the Uber colors different from the LC colors?

4. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Nope, other way around.

Use black.

5. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Yes uber pads are not the same as LC colors, similar but not the same.

Below is table of what I think is similar pads between uber and LC.

Uber ---- LC
    Yellow ~ Yellow
    Orange ~ Orange
    Green ~ White
    Blue ~ Gray
    Black ~ Blue

After much research on PPI rating I have come to the conclusion that that can only be used partly for how the pad will cut and act, other aspects must be considered such as foam type, thickness between pores. I am no expert but this is just what I have gathered through much researching and reading, I could be wrong and please correct me if I am, anyone.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Black Uber pad.

7. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Black 3m

8. dschribs

dschribs Virgin Detailer

I don't have 3M or LC. Uber's only. I prefer to the 5.5" size.

Black Uber it is. Thanks!

The blue Uber pad says it's suitable for glaze as well - when would it be appropriate to use it for applying glaze???

9. InfamousNic

InfamousNic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How do you guys actually apply it? Do you just spread the galze with the buffer of work it in? If so, how many passes or how long?

Thanks,

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Normally I use a finishing pad, on a PC speed 4-4.5, and go about 2 passes. It pretty much melts into the paint and if it "melts in" before 2 passes then I stop then but for the most part 2 med speed passes will take care of it. There is nothing to break down so you can do one pass if you like just wont get 100% of the benefits such as filling.