Extreme Typhoon III RODI Water System

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Denzil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Has anyone tried or even heard of this type of system? It looks like a worthwhile investment and may a cheaper alternative to the CRSpotless?

Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | EXTREME TYPHOON III 150 GPD RODI with Gauge & TDS Alarm & Dual TDS Meter

I sent them an email to inquire more about their system and what kind ore regular maintenance is required to see if it actually does come out cheaper than the CR. The CR replacement resin drums are not cheap. :thud:

2. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

What is the flow rate on the CR? This unit is made to cycle 150 gallons a day. I think that would be the main feature to compare.

3. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

5gpm on the DIC-20, and 3gpm on the DIC-10. Daily? :shrug:

4. Andrsn

Andrsn Virgin Detailer

I have a saltwater aquarium and I know about the typhoon as it was one that I was looking at for my top off water. Its a an affordable system and considered to be in the top 5 to any aquarium owner who's looking for one. As far as using it to wash a car the flow rate probably wouldn't be enough. I don't own a CR spotless so I don't know if its an RODI system or just RO water but if you own an aquarium its great, for washing cars probably not so good