extractor or steamer

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by bryansbestwax, Sep 30, 2011.

1. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

So my hot rod just blew the vac motor, actually started smoking. I had it almost 5 years, and did 400+ cars or more. For those who had an extractor and switched to a steamer, any drawbacks? Phil, were you using an extractor before the hill injection?

2. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I own an extractor and steamer. I am not a pro but I see them as totally different tools. Extractor is for pulling also gross soil from carpet. The steamer would be for detail cleaning. There are models that also extract but your talking big bucks.

3. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Sorry to hear about your machine; you can buy that vacuum motor and install it yourself if necessary.
    There are some really good machines out now, that do both.

Believe a guy on here, cant think of his name at this moment, has written up his findings after using a dual steam/extractor machine recently.

I have a VX5000 steamer and a Mytee HP60 Spyder Extractor and use them together and separately.

Sometimes, for carpets that are looking very nasty, I will spray my APC+ solution, brush it in, hit the carpets with my steamer big triangular brush with a towel wrapped on the bristles, sometimes, without the towel, get it good and hot but not too hot, and then use my extractor to pull out all the moisture, and if needed, give it a shot of 100+ degree water from the extractor and extract again.

Luckily the VX5000 has a small footprint, so its easy to put into a detail cart, use it, roll it out of the way if needed and use the extractor..

Good luck with this ! Believe there are some good steamer/extractor companies in Canada, so you should be fine getting what you need.

Dan F

4. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Hey Bryan I'm in on a group buy if you're thinking steamer, anything to help get the price down. Maybe, Dupray? I could always use it around the house too.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Ya, if I got a steamer it would be from brent at dupray. I used the hill injection at this years meet I held at their depot. Definately a well built machiine.

6. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

I've only seen the hill injection online, but with getting your hands on it, is it worth the price tag?

7. I have vx5000 and a aztec both work fine. Like jsf712 said i use mine for that purpose