extractor advise!

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by sly, Jun 8, 2008.

1. sly

sly Birth of a Detailer

hi guys,

i'm looking for small size of carpet extractor. after searching on website just only two brands left in my mind,Aztec and Durrmaid! which one that you think it worth for money and durable for used! or any brand that you recommend to?

2. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

The durrmaid and Aztec have not gotten rave reviews. For the price ($650 I think) you can do better. Go on ebay and looks at some Mytee Lite 2 extractors, much better machine.

3. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

I own both machines, Mytee & DurrMaid. The DurrMaid was my 1st extractor but I started having problems with it. I couldn't get the repair parts so I replaced it with the Mytee Lite 2. Have since repaired the DurrMaid, but it is still my back-up for "grunge jobs".

IMO, in the price range you are considering, the Mytee Lite 2 is the only way to go. It is a great machine for low volume, weekend work. If I ever buy another extractor, I will probably move up to the next larger sized Mytee. Alot more bang for the buck.

Good luck with your shopping and looking forward to your review! :thumb:

Dave

4. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Sorry for the thread jack, but was wondering can you get the same level of cleaning with a shopvac and the right products as a Mytee? I know it would take longer if at all possible, and how much faster realistically is the Mytee Vac?

5. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I love my Mytee 8070.

6. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

The 8070 is the way to go in that price range.

7. sly

sly Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for all advise!! :worship2:

Mytee lite 2 and 8070 are consider too but just looking for something small, good performance and durable of used. i live far away from US. durable of used will be a lot consider if the machine has broken down, it will be difficult for me to sent it back and fix its!

8. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

If the 8070 is a bit too big, look into the Aztek. The Durrmaid and the Aztek are similar but I have *read* the Durrmaid is not as reliable. IIRC Mike with Driven had a Durrmaid and it broke,.

9. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I have the Aztec Hot Rod, an excellent machine. my vote for this. I did a lot of research and Durrmaid was not recommended by anyone. stay away.

10. mixxer

mixxer Birth of a Detailer

Aztec