Express Detail: Modded '06 Sierra

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by mShu7, Mar 27, 2008.

1. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

This customer was a referral from a local body shop. The customer is going to be selling this truck so he wanted to get it cleaned up a bit. Because this truck is so big, it hadn't been washed in about a year. This truck serves as the customer's office on wheels. He owns and electrician company so it was dirty top to bottom. Typically, I try to use all eco-friendly products, but that went out the door for this job.

On a side note, it appears that this is going to be a great repeat customer. Between him and his wife, they have this truck, her Envoy that she uses as her insurance agent vehicle, an '07 Escalade that serves as the family vehicle, and a brand new Harley that he brought home while I was working on his truck. They've already told me to come back out in a couple weeks after they get back from vacation to take care of the Escalade. He also asked me several times about doing his bike. I told him I don't really do bikes, but after thinking about it, I think I'm going to take him up on his offer. When I was talking to him about his bike, he said he's going to be tearing it down to put in a new motor and a bunch of other new parts. I'm really looking forward to working with this family.

On to the details...

Exterior
    - Foam/wash with NXT and Meg's Super Degreaser
    - Tires received Optimum Tire Shine
    - Spot clay to remove tar
    - Wax with OCW v1
    - Glass with DG Rain Repel

Interior
    - Vacuum
    - Clean plastic, vinyl, & leather with Simple Green (30:1)
    - Treat with OPP

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Looks like you needed the big ladder for that job! :)

Looks nice!

What did you use in the wheel wells when they're that wide open?

3. mShu7

[quote = reefer bob]Looks like you needed the big ladder for that job!

Looks nice!

What did you use in the wheel wells when they're that wide open?[/quote]

I had to take my 8ft. ladder for this job. I cleaned the wells with Simple Green and a long-reach brush.

-Mike

4. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Great job, that interior was a mess!

5. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Great job on that monster! Alot of acreage to cover. Aren't you glad it wasn't a full paint correction? :whistle:

I saw your ONR demo posted on Snap Off Racing.Com in the detailing section. You are getting to be a very famous guy! :headbang:

Bad day for mobile detailing in my neck of the woods today, need some :campfire:

Dave

6. mShu7

Thanks DLR! You're right, paint correction would have made it a LONG day. Although, the green I would have received afterward would have been nice.

That's crazy about my video being on that other site. That's awesome! I feel honored.

Yeah, today sucked for mobile detailing. I'm basically taking today and tomorrow off to get some accounting work done since the weather isn't going to be very good.

7. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

Nice work as usual Mike. I wouldn't mind working in that neighborhood!

8. mShu7

Thanks 1f1fan!

9. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Great turnaround Mike!!

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow that's quite the toy, you sure turned that truck around :applause: :applause:

Thank you for sharing with us :thumb:

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn, that thing is HUGE! Nicely done, very nicely done...

12. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Im interested in the ratio you used Meg's Super Degreaser in your wash routine if you would share

13. mShu7

Thanks guys!

J BELL - I had pre-diluted (can't remember ratio) in a spray bottle. I put about 22oz. of it in my foam cannon w/about 2oz. of NXT.

14. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

WOW that was a nice job! Man that thing was big! What did you use on the bumper and side step?

15. mShu7

Thanks Tonya!

I used water & vinegar (3:1) on the chrome, including the wheels.