Every state shoud do this...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by supercharged, Sep 2, 2011.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Got these in a work e-mail, and wanted to share it with you guys...

TEXAS ANSWER TO WELFARE!!
    This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX ..
    Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Starcards; no cash for
    Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans,
    blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want
    steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
    Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then,we'll test
    recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and documentall tattoos and
    piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
    tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good stateof repair. Your
    "home" will be subject to inspections anytimeand possessions will be
    inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
    own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
    you will report to a "government" job. It maybe cleaning the roadways of
    trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
    will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
    and speakers and put that money toward the common good.

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights,realize that all of
    the above is voluntary. If you want our money, acceptour rules.. Before
    you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem,"
    consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someoneelse's money for
    doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
    attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
    rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Govt subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is
    correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest.You will
    voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a
    Govt welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
    Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...
    GO GREEN RECYCLE CONGRESS
    Fight organized crime: Re-elect no one in 2012

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

BRAVO!!!! :applause:

Long live capitalism! We need to raise Adam Smith, circa 1723, from the dead so he can get us back to the basics of a working economy and government.

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

no more ebt... make them get their food from government warehouses and dist. centers. I see too many people at the store bragging "get what you want, its free" Granted there are people who at some level deserve tax payer assistance, but it so loosely regulated its almost free to those who sign up, people should be drug tested and prove they are searching for a job. I have friends who lost their 70k a year job and are treated like criminals by the Unemployment office, while those on welfare skate by....... pisses me off.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats too funny Sergei! For once you and I can agree on the same thing! Kudos bud.

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I want to start my own country and the foundation for the government would be.....you make it you take it, take care of yourself. 5% tax and it never goes up no matter how much you make, takes care of all the common areas of the country. When people are forced to provide for themselves and dont have a hand to feed them they get a little hop in their step real quick. Let's just be hunters and gatherers again.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't agree with that.

7. Kilo6_one

I am a believer in the pay to play way of life.........you want it, you pay for it.

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I know some people, these rich liberals up here in DC, its sickening being at the epicenter of it all.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Do you know what I'm really fed up with? It's double standards. It's got to stop.

10. durabio

durabio Birth of a Detailer

:applause::applause:

I agree with mostly everything except the for medicaid I believe they should have the option of taking birth control or not due to possible side effects in the long term i.e not being able to produce early. However if they choose to opt out of birth control and they do get pregnant they should be dropped from government care because they're clearly warned when signing up.

11. jsraaf

jsraaf Any Rag Vehicle Washer

supercharged for president!

12. 911Fanatic

WHOA big guy. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here! LOL

13. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Whoa! Surprised that it sounds like most people here are right leaning. :headbang:

14. Kilo6_one

I think most people here can think with their head, not their emotions......... LOL common sense is what is needed when it comes to fiscal responsibility in the country, the government currently, both parties are pretty loose with the tax payers money. I don't want to pay for peoples lifestyles, or lack of. Im tired of seeing people get a free ride be it big companies or some idiot with a meth problem and a dependency on welfare. It has to stop.
    we are borrowing money from china to give away when it should be invested in our country, our infrastructure and creating a environment that rewards business for creating jobs, and not overseas.

15. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Despite the fact that in any spending like welfare, defense contracts, highway projects, etc. there is waste, the ending the entire welfare would not even come close to solving the federal budget mess but it is an easy target to gripe about.

16. Kilo6_one

The US Government is a waste in its totality..... But you make a very good point. I think the welfare issue is more" in peoples face" on a daily basis. The cavalier attitudes witnessed at the grocery store, or on TV picks at what most Americans dislike, people getting a free ride. There is far more waste in private contracts in Iraq, foreign aide to countries like Pakistan, Somalia etc, but people don't get upset (some do) that this money is given away, its seen as more humanitarian then welfare.

For me, ending welfare, or highly structuring it will only preclude those who are abusing the system, I don't think eliminating it in its entirety is feasible, but for it to continue in the current form is fiscally unsound. I don't think it is a key to federal spending issues, nobody is arguing it as the golden BB for a balanced budget, people are tired of supporting individuals who abuse a system and a agency like the FDA who regulates it so loosely that its a joke.

Wellfare payouts have to be leveraged with something, and as the OPs orginal letter states that people should be cleaning highways, working govt clean programs etc, not just sitting there watching TV, go to school at the very least....

17. 911Fanatic

Wellfare payouts have to be leveraged with something, and as the OPs orginal letter states that people should be cleaning highways, working govt clean programs etc, not just sitting there watching TV, go to school at the very least....

This is so true. If you want money, you work for someone. Be it at a job, or for the government, I could care less but you work. I asked a local politician that exact question once. Why don't people on welfare work for the gov't picking up litter? She said "the unions wouldn't allow it". I'm assuming the contract is put out to tender. So I said "the unions run the gov't then". She said "no they don't". I said "you just said they did". Then she got all pissy and that was the end of that. But you can see the mentality.

18. Kilo6_one

EXACTLY. same reason why prisoners don't do manual labor anymore either, the unions........ well they ruined GM, and they will ruin the country unless the Government stands up to them. Unions had their place and time, and are now nothing more then a pyramid scheme with the mentality of organized crime. There is enough work, especially crop picking, road side trash removal, urban renewal projects etc..... for both the Unions, Prisoner work details, and those on public assistance. My family grows grapes cotton etc...... we hire about 250 people during harvest. Ill hire anyone on welfare, or in prison to do the same work, it will save me hundreds of thousands in payroll. AND no, we do not hire illegals, we work closely with ICE to make sure of it...... so please don't go there LOL.

In fact I was there the other day with ICE doing random inspections, fun fun fun. 108 degrees and walking around in dusty nasty conditions, I give our labor workers alot of props, they are busting their ass to make a living, and don't complain. *sorry, off topic. But you get the point.

This country will always have rich, poor, middle class, I have more respect for a poor person busting their ass to make a living and drawing WIC, or even subsidized housing then these people that think its damn birthright.

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Check what our current administration is doing - [video=youtube;o64Fz-KW1Dk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64Fz-KW1Dk[/video]

20. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

At the risk of sounding like a complete a**hole, do we really need to do this here? The air and print are filled with political noise and it is only going to get louder and lamer over the next year. I'm happy to talk cars, bikes, guns, cameras, movies, lights, binoculars and scopes, music, books or whatever except for politics and religion. I save those conversations for people I know really well. The sad fact is that even if we all agreed on something we're still just pissing in the wind. Neither party gives a damn what you or I think unless we're good for some serious contributions or we can deliver votes in at least six figure blocks.