eshine wax test

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Calgarydetail, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

Well as per the agrement here is my review of Eshines sample wax.

I picked it up from carlos this afternoon. Man did he very apply alot. lol

I got home and had my dads s550, i decided it needed some tlc and it would be a nice surpirse for him when he gets back from a trip.
    I started by washing the car with onr, aplying a coat of ez creme glaze then two coats of facotry sealent from CG.
    I had to decided on an lsp, how about chris' new wax? perfect.

I applied the wax with a foam applicator, i knew that it needed to be applied thin (thanks carlos) but thats all i knew.
    I started by applying it to a small section to check out how it performed under WOWO methds. it was difficult to remove, i found it smeared and smudged so i though cool I will let it sit alittle longer, should hlep

I applied the wax to half the car. I then removed starting at the place i started applying. I found the wax was easier to remove but still verydifficult. My arm felt like it was going to fall off.

I looked at the section i had done and felt is muted the shine. It wasnt anything to be admired.
    I then did the other side of the car to keep it consitant. Again i did the whole side then removed, and again i found it was nothing great, to be honest i was ready to start over.

I went inside to get a drink, watch some tv and think it over. After about 20-30 min i came back out.

I looked at the car and noticed it has more shine, but more importantly had a ton more depth. It was starting to really catch my eye.

I dont know why but it seemed to need that extra time to have its true looks comes out.

I was very happy with the way the wax ended up looking, it added great depth and some nice shine.

I am still on the fence as to if it is worth the effort, other waxes such as VW concours have a similar look but are abit easier (not a ton) to work with.

However having said that, with more practive i may get a system that works with the wax. In all fairness i have only used it once and only tried 1 real method. I will deff be giving it another chance or two with tw diffrent methods to see which works best.

was it a good wax? yes
    Did i like the look? yes after the settling time

and more importantly. Would I use it again? even with a ton of waxes I have come to love this wax would have a place on my shelf.

Chris i hope this is what you are looking for, i tried to be an honest as I could, i included the good the bad and the ugly.

ohh and pics will come i left my camera at my house and im staying with my parents while my bathroom gets renovated so hopefully I will be bale to add them tom.

thanks for reading

questions? comments?

2. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

Pictures! and how do you like CG FS

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

and really like FS, its gives the paint a nice shine, not a deep look or a glow but a nice shine. It is easy to work with, smells really really good and to be honest lasts a long time. I can easily get 6 months in Calgary which i have not seen on allot of sleants... well worth the money

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I'll be trying mine on a blue Z06 this week. Pics to follow.

5. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

nice work CD, Don't want to comment yet for I'm up with my review by tonight...:thumb:

6. eShine

eShine Guest

We have heard that the wax is a bit tough to use. We may reduce the oils in the wax to make the application/removal easier. We definately wont launch an "OK" wax. It will be tweaked until it a GREAT wax.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh good, you got the review up. Glad you decided to use it but come on post some pictures or a video you got the software to do a video now so chop, chop :waiting:

lol..just teasing, any who glad to hear your feed back :thumb:

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Maybe if Carlos wasn't applying it with a shovel... I'll post my review in a little bit. Stay tuned.

9. Nica

Nica Banned

lol..okay maybe I did apply it a bit thick but come on it's fun applying wax nice and thick not to mention man handling the vehicle :druling:

10. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

The image I got made me lol...

"why won't this wax come off easily :shead:?!?!?!" *rubs car to remove wax* *huff puff* *car rocks back and forth*

:p

11. Nica

Nica Banned

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

hahaha yea something like that :confused:

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

no pics??? Maybe Carlos can do a reivew with pics, lots of pics!!!:applause2: