1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I feel this is a pretty simple process should take anywhere from 10-15 minutes to maybe an hour or 2 depending if there is polishing and if you get under the car as well.

I had a friend come by to get his engine bay cleaned up before he takes it in to get appraised for trade in....

Take a look:

Hey guys thought I would share this...

2000 S4 Engine Detail

Products used:
    P21S Auto wash
    Boar's Hair wheel brush
    Adam's In and out
    Adam's Foam applicator pad
    Adam's VRT
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Engine bay looks wicked buddy, I love detailing engine bays....specially those really dirty engine bays :wicked:

The transformation on the engine bays are usually wicked.

Thanks for sharing, that foam applicator looks interesting...is the foam hard? Soft? Does it suck and retain the product in side?

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

nice turn around, i htink im going to have to dig up my vrt and give it a second chance/

thanks for posting

4. detailersdomain

yes give vrt a second chance that's all I use now.

the foam is soft after awhile you just throw it out, the really are not that expensive at all.

5. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I still have a stack of the sponges. When i first started i bought a started kit from adams. I really loved it but kinda grew from it... I guees its time to go back ands ee how things work again.

hmm i might have to find a car for tom.

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

I the foam applicators rock. I really like them! VRT was only okay IMO. I used it on the trim of my accord and I didn't like the look much. It seemed wet looking, which was what it wasnt supposed to do. The in and out spray was good. I liked that a lot. I am running out, and will probably get more.

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Man the engine looks awesome and I agree with Nica, I love doing engine bays. I have yet to do one and when I lift the hood for the customer that their jaw didn't drop and man were they impressed. I agree with you Phil it doesn't take too long and man you make them think you spent all day on that!

8. detailersdomain

sneek, once you apply the VRT you can flatten it out by wiping the excess off, I get matte finishes with VRT.

9. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

bay looks nice and clean, good job.

But whats up with the green looking piping couplers? They didnt look that green before the detail.

10. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Great turnaround!

11. detailersdomain

dontsleeponit,

over time they turn green its just what happens on them.

12. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

weird, never seen that happen...

maybe excessive oil blow by?

13. detailersdomain

Don'tsleeponit,

I had 2 S4's and they both did that, not much you can do but replace them. It just gets discolored over time.

I think the S4' guys have a fix but I forgot what it was.

ehuth1 thanks!

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice! I love engine details!!!! VRT for rubber and plastic, huh? What do you use In-n-Out spray for then??? Not for In-N-Out hamburgers, I hope...:rollinglaugh:

15. detailersdomain

In and out is a spray that you use to get into the hard to reach areas in the engine. Or you can use it over the whole engine no issues.

VIDEOS:In & Out Spray

16. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

does in and out really wipe off "easily" on paint and glass? no real smeary?

17. detailersdomain

yes it does.

18. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great work Phil...

19. MrPolished&Waxed

MrPolished&Waxed Obsessive Detailer

so its the only way to go on grilles and cowls?

20. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I'm a big fan of In & Out on the engine bay. After cleaning engine with P21s TAW, I can dress an entire engine bay in a matter of minutes with In & Out.