? Empty bottles 8 oz, 12oz, 16oz

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by detailersdomain, Dec 26, 2007.

?

What size empty bottle would you like to see?

1. 8oz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12oz

28.0%
  3. 16oz

44.0%
  4. 32oz

28.0%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Over the last year many of my customers have asked me to carry empty bottles.

Stuff to transfer polishes and liquids to from bigger bottles or gallon refills.

I would like to put a poll up to see what you would all like.

Then what would be a fair price....I'm thinking and empty bottle starting at $1.50 (8oz) to a 16oz with a trigger sprayer for $3.99-$4.99.

2. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

So here is my take.

8 oz are to small. I end up constantly filling them with product. It takes nearly as long to fill an 8 oz as it does 16. I get 2 cars out of the 8oz before i need to add more. pain in the rear.

12 oz is my favorite. size wise it is easy to hold, squeeze and fill. It has enough for 4-6 cars. fits in my jacket pocket and in my shelving (trailer ) easily.

16 oz is my next favorite. It holds enough for about 8 -10 cars. What i don't like is once the bottle is half way i have to constantly flip it to get product down to the end. That annoys me. It also is large enough where if you have half a bottle and don't use it often enough it will cake.

32 oz are simply to big and heavy. They are not as easy to squeeze as the 16 or 12. they don't fit in my shelving and or in my jacket pocket.

As for spritzer bottles. I prefer 24 oz. 16 oz is too small most of the time, 32 oz is too large. heavy and often not my fav. (exception being ONR). 24 oz gives me that magic area between the two.

for sprayer heads i always buy the Grey heads that are viton sealed. These are the chemical resistant orings. These heads are high volume while being resistant to some of our more harsh chemicals.

3. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

Ehh, how does an 8 ounce bottle only hold enough for 2 cars but a 12 ounce can do 4 to 6???;)

4. Grouse

simple.

the 8 oz are small enough that when you get down to the last two oz it clings to the sides instead of being able to be flung to the bottom. (when you flip the bottle.)

The 12 is a wider bottle. the product does not seem to stick as much to the sides.

5. SpoiledMan

SpoiledMan Birth of a Detailer

I guess it's not my experience. Pretty much everything I carry is reduced to eight ounces when it comes to polishes/compounds.

6. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been using the Meg's bottles, I honestly can't remember what size they are I'm guessing they are 16oz and what ever size they are they work great but I like Grouse said about them getting to the half point they start to be a bit of a paint to get the product out...well not a total pain but you have to flip the bottle upside down and leave it like that for a bit to get the product out...but either way it does well. I should give the 8oz a try to see how well they work.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

8,12, and 16.

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

They are 12oz. Perfect size IMO

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh is that what they are, nice :chest: thanks for letting me know. I like them, I like the fact that I can squese them quite easely.

Thanks for letting me know they are 12oz :thumb: oh they have worked quite well for me.

10. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

ya make sure you get a good easy bottle to squeeze..i hate those hard hard plastic bottles that feel like they are going to crack when u you squeeze them

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I get a bunch of cars with 8 oz. for polish/ compound.

12. Grouse

I sent phil sample bottles in 8 oz, 12 oz and 24 oz spray bottles with viton sprayers.

I am hoping he will like them as much as i do.