Emergency Kits???

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by JoeyV, Jan 9, 2013.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Anybody have them? I'm talking a small kit that you can carry around with you in case something happens to your car or a clients car to do a quick fix of something. If so, what's in your kit?

I'm looking to make myself one and I'm not exactly sure what all to put without it become a full on complete detail kit.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Ya sounds like a good idea +1

3. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

In my own car I just carry around a microfiber and some ONR diluted at QD dilution. Not really much of a "kit," but it gets the bird droppings off, which is usually my primary concern :p

4. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Two Bucket System Washer

I do the same as RustySuper. I carry a small spray bottle of Poorboy's Spray n Wipe with a MF. Get's the bird doo doo off my car safely.

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I have a 16 oz bottle of Opti clean in each of my cars with two thick MF towels. I sealed it in a zip lock bag and its there for bird bombs etc.

Not sure if you need anything else really.

You could easily get a bunch of 5oz spray bottles and MF towels and make it more compact. 16 was all I had laying around so it works. some people may not want that big of a bottle. And if we are talking about a bird bomb 5OZ or so is more then enough.

6. React

React Birth of a Detailer

I do the same with ONR but def need to get some opti clean for this purpose

7. Kilo6_one

I think they will do the same in a pinch, I don't think its nessacary to buy a whole different product. Before I used this I just used Meguiars Ultimate detailer or the other spray QD in the maroon bottle. If its just to get the Poop off the paint right away, any of these are a great temp measure

8. JoeyV

For Bird Bombs, I have this that will go in the kit:

Autoglym Bird Dropping Wipes | Canadian Tire
    [​IMG]

I was thinking a more complete kit. I have access to 4 ounce bottles in spray, squeeze bottle and dispenser format. I was thinking a kit that can do pretty much everything, but in "on-the-go" format for emergencies like a scuff on the side skirt, or a bit of road paint on the bumper. etc.

9. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Ill have to take some pictures and post up what I have used.

Basically its a few 4oz bottles picked up from walmart and a double sided travel bag used for toothbrush/shaver/deodorant/etc...

one side can hold like 5 or 6 bottles and the other side can hold 2 microfibers

10. JoeyV

I'll be using the same kind of case as I now use for my Zymol waxes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kilo6_one

too bad we can't get the bird toilet paper here......... thats actually a good idea.

12. JoeyV

No one sells AG bird wipes in the states? Does this mean we have more AG stuff in Canuckistan than the US?! W00t! Finally something we winn at detailing wise! lol

13. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Griots used too and may still sell disposable wipes that fit that description.

14. JoeyV

So I think I've come up with list of things that could be easy to carry around and that could get most of the emergencies taken care of. Have a look and please feel free to suggest something else that I may have missed.

bird wipes
    waterless wash
    APC
    Tar Remover
    clay
    clay lube
    bottles of 105 + 205
    ipa

applicators
    detail brushes
    micro fibers

What are y'all's thoughts?

15. Kilo6_one

Remember last year, Pep Boys and Walmart stopped carrying it out down here, nobody bought it.

16. JoeyV

Well, I remember them liquidating the AGHD wax, but I didn't know they fazed out the entire brand. It seems to be doing pretty good in Canada though. The line up was grown this year to include 10 new items.