Emblem care + door jambs?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Tire Shredder, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

can anybody share some tips on how you deal with cleaning and protecting paint that is enclosed by voids in emblems?

Also, what are your favourite ways of sealing + protecting door jambs and hinges. does anybody have a favourite spray wax or sealant that works well for this....something that leaves no residue?

here's an example of an emblem. I'd imagine whatever product works for the emblems would work well for jambs...

[​IMG]

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

To clean jambs and around emblems, Raceglaze brushes and your APC will normally do it. If the staining around emblems is severe, after washing and drying use a light polish on a q-tip. As for sealing jambs, I just use whatever sealant or wax I am using typically.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

^Agree with everything but I try and use a spray wax or sealant because it's just easier for those areas. I like Jeff's Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger.

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Try a spray sealant like Opti-seal or Reload for those areas and go with what Ken said on how to clean them up.