Einszett

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by D&D Auto Detailing, Nov 13, 2007.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive talked to a few people about Einszett leather care and premium cockpit and they had good things to say about them. Im about to place an order, so I was wondering if anyone else had experience with these?

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been curious abut this product as well, I've been on a reading frenzy for a good leather conditioner....can't complain about Lexol Leather Conditioner though, it sure leaves the leather feeling rejuvenated.....but I'd like to try other things out.

Look forward to any feed back on this topic though.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

I believe they are both 2 in 1 type products meant to be used on surfaces that arent in bad condition. So used for maintenance, not to revive a bad interior. Normally I dont really like to use 2 in 1 type products, but they have gotten good reviews from reliable sources. Hopefully Phil will chime in here.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I have the plastik reiniger but it's meant for deep cleaning plastics on the interior. It works though!

5. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Both are nice products, they do what they say, and the do it well :thumb:
    My preferred product from 1z is the Universal Cleaner & Odor Remover. It contains enzymes to neutralize bad odours and it cleans a lot. Yesterday I cleaned a ML55 with it and it removed the pet odour easily diluted 1:10 with my Karcher SE 3001 :wicked:

6. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have them both, havent used em yet :)
    Still too happy w my CG stuff.

1Z has Antistatic properties though!

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I'm very impressed with Cockpit Premium. It cleans nicely and leaves no trace of itself on the dashboard or anywhere else. I've read (elsewhere on here) that it has some sort of anti-static properties, and this sure seems to work. Dust buildup on the dashboard seems somehow to be a lot less than it was before, when I was using "Pristine Clean" by Leatherique. Could be just me, since it's cold out now and I'm not driving with the top down anymore.

I also like that a little bit of it goes a long way. I don't need to saturate a MF with the stuff to get the dash and console nice and clean. At the rate I'm using it, the 16.9oz. bottle will last a relatively long time.

Smells kind of chemical, but I kind of like that. To me it's a very clean smell.

8. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

+1 for the Cockpit Premium. IZ is, IMHO, a good product line. Their Klima Kleen AC odor remover is very nice as well.

9. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

I have both the 1Z Leather and Cockpit Premium. I love CP. It cleans the interior and leaves a very matte finish simillar to Megs ID or Sonus Cockpit Detailer.

I wasn't too impressed with the 1Z leather. It seemed to have a funny smell to it. I prefer something like Four Star Leather, CG Leather, or Z10.

10. D&D Auto Detailing

11. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

1z CP is an amazing product. One of my new favorites that I've gotten.

Cleans really well. Leaves a very nice matte finish.

The only down side as krshultz said was the odor can be a bit on the chemical side. It's not offensive though.

12. WHIZZER

WHIZZER Any Rag Vehicle Washer

cockpit premium is a great product , leaves a really matt finish...

13. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

all I use on interiors is 1Z leather care and cockpit premium

personally think its the best products out there

cockpit is a cleaner and protectant as well as leather care is a cleaner and carnauba based protectant for the leather

14. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

true dat dawg

15. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Something I noticed on my way into work today. Last weekend I went over the S2000 with Cockpit Premium. Ever since I bought the car, there have been a few "stains" on the black vinyl which I found annoying. The one up high on the passenger side door, near the tweeter, was especially annoying. Having had the car for a year now I'd forgotten about it.

This morning, sitting in traffic, I noticed it's gone. So I started looking around for others, and they're gone too.

Very impressive product. I can't think of a downside.

16. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

I just busted out some 1z Leather on my Allroad this past weekend, and it seems to work very well for an all in one product. Now, keep in mind the kind of person that I am, the leather was in pretty good condition to start with. It was last done a few months ago with Adam's Leather.

The 1z Leather easily knocked out a few light stain spots. As for application, it goes on nice and easy. The Allroad leather is fairly stiff and has a lot of natural small creases in it. It doesn't build up in the creases which is a good sign that it's being worked into the leather. I did a very light wipedown with a separate clean MF after letting it soak in a section at a time. Left a nice low gloss shine to it, and slicked it up just a hair. Just enought to notice that you applied something. As for the smell, I kind of liked it. Thought it was a citrus smell or something. Now, a few days later, it has tapered off a bit.

As for the Cockpit Premium and Plastic Cleaner, these are my 1, 2 go to interior detailing products. I haven't encountered too much on vinyl, plastic, etc. that these 2 can't tackle. The Plastic cleaner works extremely well on those dirty scuff marks on the bottom of the door entry where folks always scuff their shoes on. As for spot carpet and headliner stain removal, I'm not sure if there's anything out there better than Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. Of course, I haven't really used anything else since this works so well. I've had this stuff take out 3 year old Coke stains and 2 year old coffee stains like they were nothing. I know I've sold a few bottles for Phil from demoing for people asking for advice on stain removal!!!

17. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I don't know if it helps but this is the top seller on our site Cockpit that is.

We have sold a ton of them and believe it or not ( I couldn't) this is our 3 biggest seller out of 300 plus items. The top 2 are MF towels.

Crazy I couldn't believe it.

18. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Too bad we can't get it by the gallon. I think you stated somehwere else that it's only available in the spray size bottle.

19. detailersdomain

Cockpit by the gallon should be up on the site very very very soon like in the next 48 hours. :)

20. detailersdomain