Effin A-Holes

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by billyblooshoes, Aug 19, 2010.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

somebody left me a nice surprise on my GTI in a parking lot recently. no note, no nothing. sorry for the bad picture, but the damage is much worse than it looks. the paint is chipped away down to the metal in a couple spots, and one area is slightly dented. going to have to have it repaired and have my whole passenger door resprayed.

[​IMG]

2. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

People suck, sorry to hear this happened Billy. This happens way too often and people are cowards and soulless.

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

thats sucks man!! but I think I have it worst than you. someone rear end me and said to the cop I reverse into him.

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

Ugh. I hate people, shady effers.

5. SilverGTV8

SilverGTV8 Jedi Nuba

I hate people sometimes... I had to teach my wife how to be respectful of peoples cars when walking around them and opening her door..

I have had a few run ins...

I was in the car when a guy did it to my mustang.. He kicked the car when he was reaching to get something in the passenger seat... Completely denied hitting the car even though there was a good sized dent in the car...:loud: I am not usually one to retaliate these days, but I was young and dumb(20yrs old)...:shrug: I returned the favor, but apparently the door skins on a toyota are on the thins side...I basically caved in the whole panel with a gentle knee...:yikes:

I found a new parking spot walked back by to assess my bad idea... Only to discover the whole passenger side of the car was basically caved in from end to end... After that I didn't feel so bad...

Another time a guys was basically sitting on the fender of my first S2000 talking to friends outside a coffee shop...:bla2: I couldn't believe my eyes...:waiting: Walked over and was like hey whats going on... Plays dumb doesn't even stand up... Start talking about the car and he plays it off like it is his...I poke around a bit and ask him if I can sit in it and he was like sure man... I think he was surprised when I started it up... He then turned white and got off the car... Gave him an earful about respecting people property...:graduation: He acted all tough until all his friends and basically taken two steps back...:argue: then he apologized :sorry: gave me some contact number if I found any damage... I didn't but it was quite an interesting situation...

6. metajames

metajames Birth of a Detailer

Oh man, I feel for ya. I try to park as far away from others as possible but sometimes there is just no other option that's when parking is a bit like russian roulette.

7. GDAL

GDAL Guest

That blows Bill ... I also found a nice nick on the trim and paint transfer on the wife's Highlander. I'm pretty sure it was one of my nieces because the paint transfer is the same color as my brother-in-law's truck .... at least the worst damage is in a plastic area.

8. That sucks donkey nutz :crash:

Nice use of the smileyman :applause:

9. bige441

bige441 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

One day I was sitting in my truck at school, as I was a little early and studying. Some chick got out of her car and door dinged me. I sat for a minute to see what she would do. Nothing now I'm pissed. I get out and confront her and she asked me, "Haven't you done it". I told her NO, but def. more rude way. Well after she went into the school and resolving nothing, I went and pounded my fist on her three rock chips. After that here window was a f-ing mess, but I sure felt better.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats sucks bud. People are assholes. The day my wife picked up her Jetta, we went to a restaurant for dinner. Come out and some jack ass had driver his Expedition up on top of her bumper skin and pushed the grill in. She was going back to the restaurant to get a steak knife when I stopped her! No kidding. She's a wee bit feisty.

11. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Effin bastards. Sorry that happened to your car Billy.

12. rwright

rwright Birth of a Detailer

Sorry man.

13. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Thats why i always park a mile away from everyone. sucks.

14. That doesn't work around these parts of the woods. My car must have a magnet attached to it, cause I can part at the edge of a car park with not another car in sight and when I return, there will be the biggest POS parked inches from me :thud:

I have learned to take up two spots wherever I go. I hate to do this, but F being politically correct :giggle:

15. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I dont mind that method either, but I feel that method attracts more attention, and just begs for some a-hole come over and key your car just because he thinks your being a j*rk-off.

You just cant win. Some people will just never grasp the obsession we have with our cars.

16. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

I dont mind that method either, but I feel that method attracts more attention, and just begs for some a-hole come over and key your car just because he thinks your being a j*rk-off.

You just cant win. Some people will just never grasp the obsession we have with our cars.

17. billyblooshoes

Thanks for the kind words guys. Some good stories coming up too, especially the one about pounding on the rock chipped windshield. That's VICIOUS. Luckily my girl was with me getting in the car that day too or I might not have noticed the damage right away. She was almost more pissed than I was! Just sucks to have to shell out the cash for the respray...then deal with the aftermath of that...

18. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

That sucks dude. Really bad. I was thinkin maybe you should give a spot touchup a try for the hell of it for practice.

19. billyblooshoes

I wish it were that easy, but touch up is a no go. If you could see it in person you would see what I mean. The edges are somewhat lifted and jagged, so it would never look right. I do chip touch ups and blends all the time at work so if I thought I could pull it off nice enough I would, but I have no other option but to have it filled and sprayed. Plus the one section has a
    slight dent to it.

20. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

that sucks... :flowers: