Edge Flex Adapter - Initial Impressions

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by ehuth1, May 14, 2008.

1. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Recieved my edge adapter with BP for the flex on Monday. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but this Saturday it will be all over a Black Expedition and Black Volvo Coupe.

Initial Impressions - Looks solid, feels solid, and the BP is going to look familiar being it's original 6" BP the flex originally came with. The mods to this look top notch and installation was a snap! Clearance issues look to be slim to none on the foam pads, now I bought 2 wool pads and they press up against the plate... Good thing is, this is not a PC and in the past some pads came apart due to the counterweight housing coming in contact with the pad. I believe since the complete BP will be spinning and connecting through the edge adapter, this should elimanate any problems with a wool pad.

Pics with foam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics with wool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready to shine

[​IMG]

2. Denalio

Denalio Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Thanks for the feedback. What wool pads are you using? size and where do you get them? Just bought a Flex and new to the machine. Currently using foam LC and Sonus.

3. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

Everything pictured is from dedicationtodetail (EDGE). They make the adapter and the pads.

4. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Cool, I was wondering when someone would chime in. Thanks ehuth!!!

Lookin forward to your opinion on not just the adapter, but the pads as well!