Duramaid 1600

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Sep 23, 2009.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

anyone on here have the duramaid 1600? was hoping to get some reviews.

reading onine I am not seeing many reviews on it.

see that it heats water to 200 degrees. a BIG +
    it has vacum/water lift of 124 inches. Anothe BIG +

now I am seeing onine that some detailers are experiencing leaky connections and poor customer service with the retailers they buy from.

my carpet extractor is the Sanitaire SC6080 and it is just superior with its lift, tank size and the temp that it gets the water to for extracting the really bad stains but......it is way too big for me to be going to customers homes and cleaning interiors. believe it or not I can make more money doing just interiors on multiple cars in one day vs full details that take all day long but I need to get a portable extractor that is dependable.

any feedback woud be greatly appreciated

godoman

2. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I remember reading a few negative comments on the Duramaid. Check out the Mytee Lite II 8070 or the Aztec Hot Rod also. There are members on here with them and I've only read good things.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Same here. I can't put my hand on it right now, but I distinctly remember reading that the Duramaid was to be avoided.

4. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

The Duramaid and the Aztec hot rod are the same unit. I own the Duramaid and have not had any problems with it at all. It depends on how you maintain them imo.

5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

They are not the same unit . Just similar . The AZTEC HOT ROD is awesome and works flawlessly. There was a few issues with the original Durrmaid units .Hence there was a slight design change

6. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

rwise, I am seeing that you have the azteca and love it but looking at the online stats I see that the azteca is just not as powerful as the durramaid 1600 "super" extractor. would you agree with this? that the new durramaid that is available out there is better then the one everyone seems to be talking bad about? that it is better then the azteca?

any of you that do own the durramaid, which model is it? when did you buy it and how many times do you have to fill it and dump it. what I mean is how many suv's can you do on one tank of water? how many small cars?

thanks for the feedback, help a guy from making a bad purchase. maybe I just need to stick with the HUGE extractor that I already have.

godoman

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

My bad. I recall numerous comparisons to each other when I purchased mine, a couple years ago. But upon further research they are similar but different. Thanks for the correction.

Most of the complaints were bad customer service if I recall. I bought mine thru ADS, Rick over there is a great guy and stands behind what he sells. That being said I have not had one single problem with mine,but I use it properly i.e. I don't use high sudsing products with it and I wash it out after each use and throughly clean the filter.

It will not do a soiled SUV with one tank you'll need to refill,but I can do most cars with one tank. Mine is the Durrmaid 1500. Hope this helps.

8. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

I have a 2nd generation unit. Not sure of the model number, approx 6yrs old now. It has been assigned backup duty to my Mighty Lite II.

Had to replace the suction hose - it just fell apart. I was told when ordering the replacement hose that the new part was of better quality. Also, the pump gave out shortly after that. Same story from the manufacturer. I experienced some difficulty acquiring the replacement part so that's when I bought the Mytee. The Durrmaid was just shy of 3yrs old then with very little use.
    Unless the new Durrmaids are greatly different from mine, you won't get thru a car without refilling the tank, let alone a full sized SUV. I am only part time so it wasn't that big of a deal, just an inconvenience.

IMO - and based on my own experiences with both units, you can't go wrong with the Mytee. Shop around, some places even have it priced lower. :thumb:

Good luck!

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Like I said they redesigned it and on paper its better than the original unit and I do agree on that as I haven't heard any feedback on the new units good or bad