Duragloss UD Vinyl & Leather Dressing (201)

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Dave KG, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Well, this evening I intended to do a review on Duragloss paint products but the rain put paid to that! .... So, decided to try out the Duragloss UD on my dashboard as a little mini test. :)

Now, I'm quite fussy about the Volvo's interior - anything that has a hint of being shiny and used car salesman like gets binned, instantly! I've long been a fan of Poorboys Natural Look on my dash and other interior plastic and vinyl surfaces as it leaves a nice clean, matt and dry shine - no greasy, shiny, grimy mess. Perfect.

So - this new Duragloss product has a fussy bugger to please! Here's the dashboard its up against...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried a few ways of applying this, and my favoured was to spray a terry cloth applicator pad with is and work into the plastics and vinyl with light to medium pressure until it went nearly dry. I then buffed the area with a microfibre cloth which served to remove any smears left, or any slight shininess left.

[​IMG]

All in all, the product was easy to use - I spent very little time at this actually (as my sister phoned asking to be picked up from work "because its raining!!"), but after just five minutes the dashboard region has been nicely cleaned up and was left with a very pleasent clean look with no nasty shine and felt quite dry to the touch... Not quite as dry feeling as Natural Look, but close, and looks as good :) Smell wise, well smell is always going to be very subjective, I personally quite liked it: clean, fresh and seems to be lingering quite nicely in the cab. Not overpowering, just pleasent.

The dashboard region after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needs a little more effort to get into tighter areas, but that'll keep me busy next time it rains. :)

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Very nice! Thanks for the review.

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

DG 201 is my favorite interior and outside trim product....it will not streak when it gets wet...it will not wash off on trim..just bead up...

the smell gets me...smells like cologne....

I have even ised it on tires and works great....

when I do a Black WOW treatment...I top it with DG 201 after and it locks it in and make BW last much longer....

AL

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Nice review, I am liking the DG line more and more. Al-53 got me to try 501 on my white car it cleaned it up great, topped it with DG 111 is has a nice wet look and has been on there almost 3 months topped 2x with Prima Hydro a great WAUD.

5. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

very nice. :)
    Looks like another product to try *oof*.

6. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Al, do you have a bottle in the bathroom for special nights out???

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Thats the thing that turned me off on the DG UD. The smell. It has a great look but that smell. Reminds me alot of the old OPP. Smelled like @$$ but it went away.

Smells like something i'd find at my grandparents house.

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for the review Dave. I think I'll stick with PB's Natural Look. It's hard to beat its scent and look.