dsms detailed - My Black Audi A5 winterized...

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Dec 27, 2008.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

UPDATE, took some shots outside this morning

I am ashamed to say yesterday and today was the first chance I got to "winterize" my car. We have already had our first mini snowstorm here in NJ, lots of snow and salt on the roads made real mess of things for my car which at the time was wearing almost no protection. Although the car has some light swirls I didnt have time for paint correction so I went to a wash and seal... emphasis on the seal part:giggle:

No big write up, just a mini one for ya today

Wash Process:

P21s TAW pre-soak
    2BM wash w/ gloss it gloss shampoo
    P21s gel on wheels
    Clay w/ gloss it mild green

Paint LSP:

Gloss It Signature Gloss sealant
    4 coats applied over 2 days
    Gloss Enhancer QD final wipedown

Windows/Wheels LSP:

3 coats of Rejex left to cure 30mins between
    CG wet dressing on tires (realized I hate the look and will soon strip it off)

Tools used:

DD uber sponges
    CRspotless DIC 20
    Cyclo to apply LSP
    Fenix TK10 to check for smearing

When I bough the car I requested no dealer prep (duh) so my saleswomen put a sign on the car while it was waiting for delivery because she knew how anal I was about the dealership touching my car. I ended up with a car full of plastic and a sign in the windown, it was truly a beautiful sight when I went to pick up my car last month :worship2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now onto the detail, no befores

[​IMG]

For a sealant I think the look it gives is very deep and has a solid glow, protection wise I should be good for at least 7-8months with strong beading and gloss retention. I never apply more than 2 coats of signature gloss because no car really needs it. But I decided to splurge a bit for my own and did an extra 2 coats this morning:thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I choose Rejex for the windows and wheels because of its ability to withstand just about anything, sure the look is very sterile on paint but for wheels and glass its the perfect choice for protection.

[​IMG]

Both the wheels and glass got 3 coats of Rejex applied via red CCS applicator pad, after buffing it off the inners of the wheels felt butter smooth. The Rejex shoudl withstand the heat well on the wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My typical over the hood shot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the car is flat black but the OP isnt bad, however the paint is ultra soft the only thing I can compare it too would be flat BMW black, a wrong swipe with and MF will mar it:doh: Actually I dont really use anything but Eurow MF's on it because of the deep pile

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hood reflection

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it for now, more shots outside will come tomorrow.

Thanks for reading and goodnight, for those NJ people up at 1AM on DB go to bed!

*UPDATE* outside and beading

It wasnt raining this morning so I took some shots outside, the clouds were up as usual but you get the idea of how it looked. Also did a quick rinse using the CRspotless so I have some beading shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres some beading shots, very uniformed and tight, 4 coats worth of sealant should last me quite a while

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rejex on the window beads nicely as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last one, my personal favorite ever because itfs finally my car in a wirte up

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking again

2. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Damn, looks amazing.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Beautiful.

You know, the A5 has been out what, about a year now? I've never seen one. In a magazine or on the web, sure, but I've never seen one on the road.

4. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Very sharp looking. I see you're a big fan of the Rejex on wheels as well. I hear ya on the dealer prep. When we go the wife's Acadia, I bought it from my neighbor across the street who works at a local Pontiac / GMC dealer. They ended up having to do a dealer trade to get the color / options we wanted. He told me that he's not not a DT until I go look at it in person at the other dealership. Then, he personally went to pick it up and locked it up in their lot and took both keys so no one could wash it. When buying it, they were like, "You sure you don't want us to wash it???"

Anyway, it's 1 a.m. in STL, MO, so I'm going to bed before I start rambling. Again, the A5 looks sharp coming from another Audi guy.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh finaly see the first detail of the new wheels, well done..man that glass is very, very reflective :thumb:

I agree with you, seeing all those stickers, tags and that sign is great. I have nothing against dealerships, but they'll never "prep" a vehicle like us detailers would....well at least I have yet to be impressed with a dealership "prep" or "detail" for that matter..but that's just me :shrug:

Vehicle looks great :applause2:

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Great job on a beautiful car. Those wheels are amazing...:thumb:

7. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

That is an awesome car, that sign was priceless...great work

8. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Amazing work! Nice car too.

9. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Jedi Nuba

That is an amazing looking car, much more so with your process!
    Im loving the reflection, mirror like FTW!

BTW, where did you get Rejex? i've heard some good things on other car forums and some people absolutely love it

10. ScottieB

ScottieB Jedi Nuba

Great looking car. And a plus one on where to find Rejex.

11. DG 501

DG 501 Jedi Nuba

Congrats dsms! It's beautiful!!!
    Keep us updated on the Rejex, please. Those rims look awesome :druling:

12. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Rejex was had from.... Order CorrosionX and RejeX

All it took was a google search:giggle:

And thank you for all the kind words about my baby:mounty:

13. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

hey the car looks awesome man

saw the dealer plate frame, I'm from bergen county, I know someone that works at that dealer.

I work for a place that does alot of porsche/audi/vw performance work, let me know if you ever need anything.

-Joe

14. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Im from Bergen County as well, lol. What town? And actually im looking into a cat back for my car, think you could hook me up with a nice StaSis exhaust?

15. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

congrats on such a sweet car and a very nice detail as well

16. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

you gotta clear out your PMs

17. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Done, sorry

18. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

man car looks great!!!!

Where did you buy your gloss-it stuff from?

19. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

just for matrix ;)

gloss-it.net

20. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Car looks great. I really love the new A5 I think it is probably the most beautiful car Audi as made alongside with the R8.

Question: How do you preform a P21s TAW pre-soak? Do you dilute it or..?