dsms detail - Tahoe Gloss

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Aug 28, 2008.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Nothing to special, just a daily driven Tahoe which needed some TLC.

Paint Process

CWG/Z7 1:1 wash
    Clay
    Gloss It 1 step machine polish via Cyclo
    Gloss Finish sealant x2 via Flex

No befores. Once the swirls were polished out the finish really began to pop, nice color with decent flake IMO.

The final product...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking:thumb:

2. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

nice work. are the gloss it polishes better than menzerna. i am stuck between picking up gloss it or scholl

3. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I doubt it
    Tell me more about gloss it
    I have been to their website and their strongest polish or compound is only rate at 2000 grit, surely they have stronger gear than that

Menzerna and Prima are my #1 and #2 with Hi Temp Extreme power cut in 3rd

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

IMO using Gloss It with a PC or Cyclo is unbeatable. The polishes work super smooth, dust very little and work on any car. Using Gloss It via rotary is a sharp learning curve but still good. I was sent a sample of their new 1step machine polish which is amazing, truly a very versatile product which has quite a good bit of cutting ability. Depending on the level of defect I just vary my pad choice to get the cut I want and it works like butter, the 1 step isnt out yet but will be soon. As far as their heavy compound goes (Extreme Cut) I will say it can remove a serious amount of defect, especially with a wool pad but it works more like a polish due to its thin consistancy. If I need more bite I may grab M105 but so far I havent found a finish I cant correct with Extreme Cut and a wool pad.

5. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

thanks for the info:thumb:

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

For nothing special It sure looks good.Nice job!!! Is that a beer fridge in the background:worship2:

7. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

No beer, just water and gatorade for the details. Thanks!

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What products did you use on the interior? I really like that matt look you've got going there...

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Cleaned with LM strong and then topped with Optimum leather protectant, I think it leaves a nice finish.