dsms detail - Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Oct 22, 2009.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Due to inclement weather and the Lamborghini not having its top on (it actually has never had the top leave the trunk) this car was done entirely inside the owners garage. Perfect work space with AC and heating.

Started with the wheels, P&S brake buster with various brushes. Tires scrubbed with APC 4:1 as well as the wheel wells. The arches were de-tarred using Tardis on a MF pad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After cleaning, wheels yet to be polished and sealed.

[​IMG]

All the wheels were blowed dried, I didnt use my CR spotless so I didnt want the water to spot

[​IMG]

The finish was was alread protected with Zaino, so I gave the car a quick pre-soak with a biodegradeable APC (5:1) and rinsed it off before begining the wash which was done with ONR.

With the pre-soak all trim and honeycomb grills were cleaned as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The finish was clayed with Sonus green clay using diluted last touch as lube

Little tar strip, some tarminator on a MF did the trick

[​IMG]

Rest of the car clayed

[​IMG]

The finish was in pretty good shape, the biggest problem area was the hood. Something was dragged across it and left a small cluster of RIDS

[​IMG]

After a few combos, I settled on using M105 with a LC orange pad (primed) with the new porter cable. This was an extremely hard clear so I worked slower passes with more pressure

[​IMG]

M105 all broken down

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

I unfortunately could not get a completely dark garage under my halogens as the windows did not have blinds but using the recessed lighting above you can see the haziness and swirls

Before, light refracted in all directions

[​IMG]

After 3 stages of correction (M105, 106FA and 85rd). Swirls removed, clarity brought back

[​IMG]

Some shots during correction

Working 106FA, took this up to about 1900rpm with moderate pressure due to the hard paint. Got 106FA to finish down just about perfect before moving onto jeweling

[​IMG]

Jeweling

[​IMG]

Final polishing video

[​IMG]

The rest of the finish did not need as extensive correction. Menzerna powerfinish with a white polishing pad via the DA followed by 85rd on the rotary sorted everything out.

Some halogen shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After correction I gave the car a final IPA wipedown to prep the finish for LSP. Started off with a pure acrylic glaze machine on with the DA and buffed off right away then went back with Blackfire Wet Diamond for 2 coats

Applying the glaze

[​IMG]

While I waited for the LSP to cure I started with the interior which actually had some dirt in it (kids and soccer pratice with a lambo means trouble)

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

All the leather was then conditioned with Vital

[​IMG]

Doorjambs were hand polished with CG wet mirror and sealed with Werkstat, buffing off the wet mirror finish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front cowl already has a semigloss finish to it, just a quick coat of dressing to top it off (smears is the sealant still curing on the finish btw)

[​IMG]

Tailpipes polished with white diamond, this is actully a very decent metal polish BUT you need to let it haze before buffing off. If you polish and buff off right away it will haze and leave a dull finish. Wait 10mins and go back and buff it off with an old MF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rear honeycomb grills dressed with the "jungle juice"... this is one secret I am not revealing

[​IMG]

Some old wax residue was left in the vents atop the engine cover, foam stick with some jungle juice got it back to the natural look

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

The floormats were very unique, one of a kind Keith Collins design. The owner had Keith do custom mats for most of his cars.

Scrubbed with a light mist of folex then vacuumed down

[​IMG]

Back in the car, brightens up the interior a bit, no?

[​IMG]

Wheels polished with CG wet mirror and sealed with Rejex

[​IMG]

Finished product

[​IMG]

Final shots ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I heard something loud outside, probably an angry flock of pigeons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was still cloudy but I was happy to finally get the car outside

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great job dave....can't wait to see the whole collection

3. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Stunning work dude, well done :thumb:

Looks like quite an awesome house if that's all one place!

4. Nikku

Nikku Jedi Nuba

Great work Dave ! I can't wait to see the MC12.

5. bentley147

bentley147 Jedi Nuba

thats wats good dave ...u always make the color i dont know wats withose pc......i love doing polishing with my makita ...i know he going to let do the mc12 ....

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

That car is absolutely obnoxious looking, nice work. PLEASE tell us about the jungle juice!

7. MuttGrunt

MuttGrunt Birth of a Detailer

u 'da man Dave!!!

8. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

great job

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet mother, that's a wicked house/mansion :druling: :druling:

Vehicle looks great but I can't help but admire the house, love the garage space :druling:

By the way is that an MC12 in the background?

10. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

awesome job, did you go to France to do this detail? that house looks amazing

11. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Carlos, thats the detail garage. The one below it holds 20+

12. Nica

Nica Banned

WOW!!! :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

13. kei169

kei169 Wax on..Wax off

very sexy car! nice one!

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Nice work on the Lamborghini, but wow, what a garage!

Is it on the second floor?

15. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Amazing work!!

Why the secrets though... prolly using some turtle wax ice on that trim :D

16. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Thats on the ground level. The "vault" is underground. You will see it in the Carerra GT writeup, oops another surprise blown!

To many people out there emulate without understanding fully the products their using, they just buy because of what they see online. I have cited the use of products, nothing special even and people come back to me and say so and so product doesnt work when in fact they had the wrong application or did not prep it properly.

Also there are certain things, tricks, products people use to separate themselves from the pack. I have a few tricks I do not reveal because they help separate me from everybody else. Nothing revolutionary.. just stuff I choose to omit in my writeups to keep me a little unique and avoid confusion and being bombarded with questions!

17. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Well said Dave. I would love to know what this guy does for a living, I am so jealous.

18. Domman56

Domman56 Birth of a Detailer

You know at first i saw that interior and was like AHHHH!!! not in a lambo but then I was kinda happy to see someone who actualyy DRIVES their car instead of just having one and showing it off Love the floor mats

19. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Great job man!! So very lucky to be trusted with cars that expensive.

20. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

So it's only he and norcal bob that know about the jungle juice. :p:

Excellent results, btw. AMAZING house.

What was your process for blackfire? how long to cure? how long between coats? I have a bottle on the way.