dsms detail - BMW 650i Hack correction, correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, May 5, 2010.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Car is less than 5 months old. Detailed by the dealer on 2 accounts left with swirls, RIDS and holograms.

Aim was about 90% correction with 2 days to work.

Washed with CG citrus wash, the orange one. Clayed with ricky riccardo and all the other trimmings to go with the prep work.

Onto correction...

[​IMG]

50/50 on hood

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worst area by far was the rear deck, swirls, scratches and some funky new defects I have yet to name, possibly a Mc-Squiggles ? We can have a poll on that later :shakehead:

The entire deck section was corrected with wool on the rotary, then foam compounded, then polished. I avoided wool on most of the car only hitting spot areas with big RIDS due to time but the rear deck was getting nowhere with foam and generating lots of heat because its composite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50

[​IMG]

Couple McSquiggles here,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50 on passenger door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After all the compounding work I brought the car outside and foamed it to remove the dusting. Rinsed it down and dried it with a blower. Then proceeded to do the finishing work. I find its sometimes easier to do a quick rinsedown rather than manually attempting to remove dust from crevices etc.

Interior came after correction, no picnic either as the owner has 2 young children who think convertibles are "cooooool" :duh:

Carpets before

[​IMG]

I vacuumed and dry brushed them, then pressure wash out as much grime as possible and treated them with traffic lane cleaner, pressure washed and agitated again.

Left out in the sun to dry a little before using the LGM to extract the rest of the water.. final pics in the interior afters

Leather was in bad shape. Despite the time constraints I used leatherique and it worked very well.

Massage in the Rejuv. Oil by hand

[​IMG]

Heat up the leather using a heat gun, most people do the seat warmer thing or pull it outside but I find this works great as well, especially when time is limited.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used the heat gun a few more times to make sure everything was absorbed and soft enough to pull out grime

[​IMG]

Rear seats all cooked and done, right side all finished after pristine clean, left side still soaking with the Rejuv. Oil

[​IMG]

End result on front seats, matte finish

[​IMG]

Before close up of the leather, some jean transfer and dirt

[​IMG]

After the treatment (yes different lighting but you get the idea)

[​IMG]

Coffee stain before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cleaned with the TLC and LGM and scrubbed

[​IMG]

All gone

[​IMG]

Interior afters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cleaning up the convertible tops summer home

[​IMG]

Finished shots/Sun Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

incredible work Dave ... that bimmer needed some TLC. Lovin' the metallic flakes!!

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

sick man . . . . . nice work on that 6 series.

4. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

"Worst area by far was the rear deck, swirls, scratches and some funky new defects I have yet to name, possibly a Mc-Squiggles ? We can have a poll on that later"

Really Dave? where some of the defects funky....LOL...sorry for the language Phil.

Car looks great! Makes me want one even more.

Dave's bad words have been changed to comply with his PG rating

5. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

That was a test to see if people actually READ the text in a writeup... you passed.

Well, okay that was a blatant mistake and semi funny. Fixed it now and the thread is now rated PG once more :thumb:

6. TONY MONTANA

TONY MONTANA DB Forum Supporter

nice! hey dave how long does the leatherique take to work with a heat gun?

7. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That thing looks stunning David. Great work.

8. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Turned out well, but I am just not feeling that car at all. From the convertible, the color, and the wheels...blah. Interior is nice though.

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great rescue job man. I don't understand how high end dealers can hire such morons to work on their cars.

10. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

god, jus awesome, I need many many many practice and spend 24/7 here for the next few years to get to this level lol, btw im doing just that now.

11. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

trust me DOC, have you seem the videos i posted, the dealer detailer doesn't even know how to wash the car in Audi.

12. Dial Up

Dial Up Birth of a Detailer

nice work :applause: good to know the customer went to you instead trying their luck with

the dealer for a third time :duh:

13. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

Thats my dream car to detail.....

14. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

looking nice :thumb:

15. Petrucci_M3

Petrucci_M3 Jedi Nuba

Awesome job once again!!

16. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

absolutely awesome.

What was the LSP on this one?

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

What a beaut. Even though these have been around for a few years, still gorgeous machines.

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

David, you trully are one of the best detailers in the world. Simply amazing work! BTW, what was your LSP on it, Menzerna Power Lock?

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

True statement, my wife likes it even better then 7-series...I would love to see 6-series as a hard top convertible...

20. cnut

cnut Guest

Good work!!!!