Drying after using ONR

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Bunky, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I had seen some comments that some do not dry until after washing the entire vehicle with ONR? I have been drying each panel as washed. Has anyone here waited until doing the entire vehicle before wiping it down after an ONR wash?

2. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i always do one panel at a time..you might get away with doing the whole car in cooler temps but i wouldn't attemp it on a hot day

3. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I've never tried that and havent even thought about trying it. Sounds interesting but I'd just stick to doing one panel at a time. I have a black car and blacks a b!tch!

4. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

No way would I do the entire car before drying. Heck I can hardly get through one panel before the stuff starts drying and leaving streaks.

5. mnguyen

mnguyen Virgin Detailer

I ONR my whole car in the garage then dry with OID, works great and saved some time.

6. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

It doesn't matter if you do a section, side, front, back, or the whole car before drying. The only factor is that it will spot if you let it dry. So you can do as much as you can before it drys. That being said, I've washed in full sun and only did about two linear feet at a time. There's no right or wrong way to do it. The problem most people have is not going over an area enuff times to make sure it's clean before they dry. By doing a large portion of the car before drying (I assume to save time) just don't leave dirt on the surface or you'll mar the finish. Hope that helps!