Dry Hands?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by WashingJosh, Jun 23, 2011.

1. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

My hands will dry out if I don't use lotion at least once a day. Being that, I kind of get picky on what I use and this is my new favorite.
    Just thought I'd share. Vaseline Aloe fresh. Goes on great and it's rubbed in within 20 seconds and absolutely no greasy feeling afterwards.

Vaseline® | Feel light - it's skin season

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

LOL.......we are talking about lotion sorry its kind of funny.

but I hear you, i use some sort of gold bond medicated. I have dry hands too.

3. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

I just realized this thread sounds dirty. Too funny.
    Lotion does work though.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

4. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

I use lotion pretty regularly. Have you guys found that after a detail you hands get really dry?

5. Kilo6_one

yes....... they do. I usually go for a manicure right after and they get my hands baby soft. LOL.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I laughed so hard, called my wife in here and read it to her. NICE!!

7. Kilo6_one

you know what I do not understand, is I wear gloves when I detail or handle chemicals, and they still get really dry. Maybe I should go see a manicurist.

8. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

hahaha Kilo that's hilarious. Same thing happens to me even with gloves, you get so much moisture built up inside the glove which ends up drying them out like crazy especially if you are sweating. Happens with Nitrile gloves especially for me, just gotta keep those puppies moisturized. I use Vaseline for Men and its the bomb diggity.

9. Kilo6_one

yeah, I use whatever my wife has laying around, i end up smelling weird but in a day or so its back to normal..............

10. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

My hands don't get too dry. Instead the skin peels! I try to wear gloves most of the time since my hands are so sensitive to chemicals. If I touch some harsh chemicals and don't wash my hands shortly after, I can expect to lose my fingerprints the next day. I think I would prefer dry hands over missing skin lol.

11. Kilo6_one

I wonder if its the APC.........?

12. EvoFire

EvoFire Birth of a Detailer

I think the problem you guys have is the nitrile gloves. Most of them come with this powdery substance when new that drives your skin nuts.

13. Kilo6_one

14. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Use "Working hands" cream, comes in a lime Green plastic container and is the only thing that fixes "Cracked carguy hands".