drssing

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Mar 26, 2010.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

ok, here is a question for you guys you will love.

this is not about "what is the best dressing" product out there, rather, this is about whether or not it is even worth dressing the interior of the car in certain situations.

for example, I am buying the optima steamer next saturday (not this sat) and am understanding that the steam is so thorough in its cleaning that it completely removes any sign of dirt from trim and leather and the dash. it gives the car a complete new look and everything.

in this situation would it be worth it to then add dressing to the trim in the car if it looks so clean? I have never really liked dressing because it is easy to put on but you have to go back and towel off the excess and that takes more time then I would like and since most of the stuff washes off in a month anyways (seattle rain), what is the point?

any feedback on this everyone? just searching for better options again and putting together what I will be offering my customers with this steam cleaning service.

godoman

2. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I can't stand interior dressings/protectants.

That's the main reason why I only use Cockpit Premium on the interior. It cleans up the interior and leaves an invisible protectant that repels dust.

Any interior that looks clean is more than enough. If plastic trim or the dash has faded due to the sun, then it's time to reach for the bottle of 303 Aerospace or whatever you like to use.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I'm with Emile on that one...

4. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

The only thing a clean interior needs is UVR protection, which is formulated in Cockpit Premium