Dropped A Polishing Pad And A Microfiber Towel

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Marc08EX, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Hey everyone,

On one of my recent details, I accidentally dropped a LC black finishing pad on the floor while washing it. It was wet so it could have picked up more dirt as opposed to dropping it when it's dry. Do you guys think it's still safe to use after putting it through the a wash cycle? I'm currently soaking it in water for 24 hours and brushing the pad occassionally.

How about microfiber towels? Will you toss a plush microfiber when you drop it on the floor? Or will you just wash it through the washer and assume it'll come out grit free?

Thanks for your inputs!

2. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I'm sure the pad will be fine man especially since you took care of it right away. And ya if you drop a MF on the ground immediately get it washed and you'll be fine. I've dropped a few before and they come out fine in the wash.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I too agree that as long as it is washed/taken care of immediately you should be fine. I'm just glad you didn't say you blew it off and used it.

4. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm just afraid that the grit would be lodged into the flush fibers of the MF towel or the core of the foam pads and washing it won't make the grit/dirt dislodge. Just wanted to make sure if anybody has dealt with this before and what they think. I didn't want to scratch up a perfectly polished paint surface. Seems like it should be fine. Whew!

5. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

demote the towel to other duties........ you never know. But the pad, ive done the same and used compressed air to blow it off, then I immediatly wash it. works fine.

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

You should be fine I just let my pads soak in hot water in my kitchen sink with dawn overnight I let them soak and all the polish breaks down and stays at the bottom of the sink. I then re wash them individually and let them sit in just water for a few hours then let them air dry and store them in a plastic storage bin. They come out really clean. As for microfibers if they fall I will take out as many of the dirt and grime from them by hand then I was them twice with Microrestore and they are fine.