DP Tire Gel 1:1 Test

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dubbin1, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

After sitting here reading a lot of threads about diluting Opti-Bond at 1:1 and using as a spray I was wondering how well it would work for DP Tire Gel. Out to the garage I went to see what would happen.

Tire after cleaning and before any gel was applied

[​IMG]

DP Tire Gel applied 1:1 on the right, DP Tire Gel used strait out of the bottle on the left. This is immediately after applying

[​IMG]

After both sides have dried to the touch

[​IMG]

I applied the 1:1 mix by spraying it on the tire then wiping with a yellow foam wax applicator. I applied the gel out of a bottle with a yellow foam wax applicator.

As you can see you will get the same results using it either way but by mixing it you will save money by using much less product.

Conclusion: Save your money and mix the DP Tire Gel at 1:1, spray it on then wipe it down.

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Simple, efficient and to the point. This is great! Although, I don't like the look of that product. I'm not a fan of glossy tires. I just like them clean and black.

I wonder how many other products are out there that would do the exact same thing if we simply diluted them.

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Funny thing about this product is that it doesn't have that shiny black on all tires. I have seen reviews with pictures that show it more of a matte black with little shine.

4. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Yeah, it doesn't really look like that in real life, especially after drying. The camera flash makes it look a lot greasier than it really is.

This is what it looks like on my tires, pictured here is 2 coats @ 1:1 dilution after drying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

No, it really is that glossy.

6. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Really? Thats weird, none of the tires I've applied it to have ever been that glossy.

7. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

And I believe you 100%, that's why I said it isn't that glossy on all tires.

8. JoeyV

Still too glossy for my liking. When I say flat black, I mean like this:

[​IMG]

(On the left is an untouched wheel, on the right is a fully cleaned, sealed and dressed wheel. that's how I like my tires.

Another one to show:

[​IMG]
    EDIT: BTW zleigen, nice reppin' of the Mazda Crew there! Mazda 4evar!!!!!! lolz

9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Anyway, this thread really wasn't about the gloss, it is about how well it works diluted ;)

10. JoeyV

Yeah, sorry about that derailing. Thanks again for the info! :thumb:

11. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

Thanks for the info!

what did you use on those tires?