DP High Performance Glass Restorer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by kdude, Feb 5, 2011.

1. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

[​IMG]

Hi,

I want to try and properly clean my windows.

Glass is fairly clean with some water spots. The glass is Honda CRV 2010.

Is this a good way to clean glass ?

And as importantly how do you guys handle daily drivers concerning glass...

Its an art unto itself ..

Thx,
    Hp

2. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

imo, those glass polishes are way too aggressive. i've had them scratch glass on 2 of my cars now.

try it in a small area first.

also, i see people recommending barkeepers friend, so i tried it and raped my glass with that too.

if you find the glass polishes don't work for you, i use menz po106fa or M205 on an aggressive pad after clay.

you can also try cerium oxide, usually available through rock polishing websites in optical quality. mix it with water and create a "slurry". A messy, yet effective slurry.

3. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I have used DP a couple times and it works ok. I would not call it a very aggressive polish. It does not hurt to do a test spot to see if it will work and decide what panel combo's. I have used a 4-in orange pad with it.

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Not sure if this will help, but I find the best glass cleaner to be Chemical Guys Window Clean. It helps get rid of those nasty water spots and just about everything else for me.

5. flatstick

flatstick Birth of a Detailer

You need to try HD uno. it works great on glass . it has brought some glass back to life that I did not think could look so good. did not see any marring or notice and bad qualities from using it. a little goes a long way too !

6. cnut

cnut Guest

DG water spot remover does well for me.

7. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I like and use alot of DP products but this was the worst and I would not use it as a stand alone window cleaner.Try duragloss there glass polish is alot better.

8. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I have used the DP glass restorer on multiple cars and it is very effective.

I was working on a late 70s Trans Am with MASSIVE water spotting that had been there for years. I started off with Menz power gloss, then SIP, then power finish on aggressive pads. This combo removed less than half of the spots and took a long time. I then used DP glass restore and it did a better job in much less time.
    Smokey and the Bandit

I have also used it on newer cars with less established spots and it works great.

No issues with scratching, make sure to clean the window first with glass cleaner and clay bar before polishing.