Domino's Collection - LSP/Paint Cleaner Heavy!!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by domino, Apr 27, 2010.

1. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

hey guys

did some house cleaning over our long weekend, and decided to re-organise all my products and sort my MF's....perfect photo op

this is pretty much everything save for a few random products

as you can see, i like to have the matching paint cleaner/glaze and qd for each of my LSPs. I seldom mix and match waxes and paint cleaners

- Paste Waxes

[​IMG]

- Sealants (not really a sealant man, so only the basics here)

[​IMG]

- Paint Cleaners/Glazes

[​IMG]

- Spray/Liquid Waxes

[​IMG]

- QD's

[​IMG]

- Polishes Paint/Metal/Misc Cleaners

[​IMG]

- Wash Shampoo

[​IMG]

- Leather/Interior

[​IMG]

- Pads

[​IMG]

- MF's

[​IMG]

- ....and what's in my wash bucket

[​IMG]

2. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

good god you got a nice selection of products in your arsenal.

3. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

:yikes: what a collection

:worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

4. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

Whenever I think it's ridiculous to get ANOTHER lsp, I'll take a look at your collection. I'm sure that will let me make an easier decision.

5. domino

hahaha, it's true that reading alot of reviews here has swayed me into trying new LSPs i wouldnt otherwise have thought about, like the nattys red and lusso oro for example

but i try to be a bit smart about what LSPs to buy. For example, there's no point buying say RG55/42 or Worlds Best Wax when they are essentially Vic waxes (imo), or say DP Max Wax or Pinnacle Souveran when the same group of companies makes Fuzion and when BF Midnight Sun is rumoured to be an improved version of Souveran. Also, my SV Concorso (Best of Show) was easily out done by E-zyme and Vic Red in terms of looks and durability, so i dont buy into the high priced Zymol and SV waxes

my favourite "un-known" product is definitely the lusso oro auto bathe. Smells just like the SV Shampoo but alot more economical to use. After washing, i go down to my apartment garage and there is a faint coconut smell in the air. Amount of suds and lubcrication is best ive seen.

6. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

OMG, that's what I think too. I try to do as much research as possible as to get the best wax out of the similar ones. Also, I read about how Lusso oro is very similar to Souveran, and that's how I went and got Lusso oro and saved a few bucks from there.

There's just so many wax to choose from and buying all of them will require quite a bit of money. BTW, how did you find the migliore wax compared to other waxes? I've read about how the wax is very different from other waxes in terms of texture and the look is very different.

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Awesome collection. Your thoughts on Migliore wax?

8. domino

i only received the mig wax today! it was held up in paris for a couple weeks due to the iceland volcano

im going to do a full mig detail next i think, as this is the wax that could make do the most with an unbiased review

my plan is usual wash, apply the mig liquid wax as you would a glaze, then top it with 2-3 layers of mig primo. I'll maintain the look after each wash with a mig qd wipedown. Not sure yet which car/colour i want to test this on, maybe my dad's basalt (metallic) black 996 Turbo S Convert - that is 100% defect free atm too

9. Wes_R

Wes_R Birth of a Detailer

lol is that a murci rim coffee table?

10. domino

well kinda, it's a murci rim under a glass coffee table

dad put the roadster wheels on his murci, so i kept one of the stock rears for myself - just fits under there

11. Strytnyne

Strytnyne DB Forum Supporter

great collection!

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

No Prime or DG501 in the collection? Boooooo. Nice stuff though.

13. domino

501? but i dont own an RV....im not a duragloss fan, nothing really stands out to me, well apart from their leather cleaner and conditioner which i already have with Zaino labels on them

i was thinking about trying some werkstatt stuff recently, but i cant justify the huge shipping prices for products i know will be bettered by what i already have. I'll keep an eye out for a vendor which stocks the werkstatt line + some other stuff i want to try to better amortise the shipping costs

My next purchase is going to be a Gilmour/Wolfgang Foam Gun + DP Xtreme Foam + WG Spray Sealant + Pinnacle Pad Spray Cleaner. If there's any vendors here that stock all that + the werkstatt line shoot me a pm. Atm ive had to resort to AG for a shipping quote....i know i know!!

14. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hey Sam. I can set you up with everything except the pad cleaner. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the Werkstat line. It'll make the flake pop on metallics but gives white a cool, warm glow. You wouldn't happen to have another one of those wheels kicking around would you? :whistle:

15. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

what is so special of lusso autobath to you? is it high dilution shampoo? I just bought SN shampoo, no flavour at all. Its good shampoo, but its not worth this kind of price though. My favorite are DG901, CG citrus wash n gloss & optimum shampoo. They are not much different compared to SN shampoo, however price make it different.

How many ml of lusso do you need on 2 galon water???

cheers

16. domino

hahaha wheels are all spoken for

Ken, do you mind putting together a total price for me incl. shipping

Do you stock anything similar to the pin pad cleaner? im all out and started using the CG Micro Wash but its not strong enough to break down some of my LSPs like RBOE which clogs the pad bad!

17. domino

i put just under one capful to my wash bucket, which is around 10L iirc - its just a regular household bucket. I save my deep 20L grit guard bucket for the mitt rinse/ring out

what i like most is the smell and lubrication. eg; ill forgive a wax out right durability or shine if the process/application is favourable, none more so than lusso oro, which lets be honest, isnt anything special, but application is so smooth and the coconut smell that lingers during and after the detail makes it to me one of the best LSPs i have. Look forward to a full review/detail using the Lusso wash, Lusso paint cleaner and Lusso wax soon on the solid yellow Murci

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Sorry Sam. Nothing like the Pad Cleaner in stock. I generally use a citrus based product. Is it that good at breaking down waxes etc? I'll try and get that quote for you tonight.

19. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

very nice collection!!!

20. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Which is your favorite QD?

Looks like quite a collection of everything!