Dog vomit...fuuunnn

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by TheRustySuper, Jul 7, 2011.

1. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Right well I just got a message from my neighbor, saying that her two small dogs had thrown up in the backseat of her sons toyota matrix (cloth seats). She wants me to clean it and of course I will...but got any suggestions? I have zep citrus and megs apc as far as cleaners go, and I also have a bissell LGM. Any tips for getting this mess up and out of the seats?

Thanks,

Clark

2. chefwong

chefwong Birth of a Detailer

You're going to need more than that..
    Hot Water.
    Enzyme Cleaner....
    The foam is very absorbant so get everything out of the foeam

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

oooooooooooh nasty.

Get some Folex, I use that on dog puke before.

4. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

yea, Folex is great and Adam's carpet & upholstery cleaner is great too.

5. TheRustySuper

Folex...can this be bought OTC or must I order it?

6. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Call your local Home depot because they may have it.

7. Tire Shredder

Tire Shredder Jedi Nuba

home depot has it in the states.

up here, canadian tire carries it.

when you go to home depot, pick up some high traffic carpet cleaner (red jug). This stuff has an enzyme in it to help eat/kill the bacteria. Folex is excellent at removing stains though, so I'd use that first. then follow with the HT cleaner.

8. TheRustySuper

Mhmkay. I assume the high traffic carpet cleaner is a Zep product?

9. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I used resolve with oxy clean, took a 10 year old coffee stain out of a seat last week, you can get folex at petsmart, its made specifically for pets IIRC..

10. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

You could also use spot shot. I've had good results with it as well as the zep high traffic, although the spot shot foams less than the zep, ime.

11. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Hypodermic Injector
    Finally, a way to destroy those lingering odours that are impossible to reach, this device will inject any liquid odour counteracting agent or disinfectant deep into upholstery foam or carpet padding. TOTL

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Definitely use the LGM it works wonders. Also try TUFF STUFF. You can get it at the local auto parts store and it works wonders getting stains out. WilljCO and I had a similar situation about a year ago on a car we did and TUFF STUFF got it out without any issues.

13. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

never would have thought about a syringe to put enzyme into upholstery but it makes sense. i go through folex like window cleaner. still though i keep trying other carpet and upholstery products. just got a new mytee hp 60 spyder shampooer. unblieveable difference from the lesser models. 137 inch lift pulls the liquid out and a bigger capacity works great. when you do as many mini vans and daily driver/ beaters as i do the extractor and steamer get a workout.

14. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

I've had great results with folex, the syringe sounds like a great idea too

15. TheRustySuper

Thanks for all the advice guys! I should add that these are very small dogs so the mess will be fairly minimal...I'll be tackling it tomorrow :p