Dodo Juice Buckets

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I've had quite a few e-mails and pm's asking if I could get the Dodo wash buckets.

I've talked to Dom about this and the cost to get them here just isn't cost effective at all. The shipping prices are crazy because it isn't based on the weight of the buckets, it is based on the size. If I remember correctly, it would cost me about $50 a bucket just to get them here!
    Dom has gave me permission to try to find some clear buckets here in the states and I can get the Dodo Juice logos to put on them. Buckets are still pretty pricey to get here in the US.

Sorry guys, I tried!

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

What if you purchased them and stacked them inside of each either?

3. Obsessive Detail

We have already checked on that. Actually,we have went through every option we could think of.

4. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That's a bit unfortunate Justin but thanks for trying!

5. Reflect

Damnit. So I guess ordering like a kit wouldn't work either, with the bucket filled up. I never thought it'd be so hard to find a see through bucket in America. WTF?

6. Reflect

I e-mailed U.S. Plastic Corps. in hopes of maybe getting a group buy or insight as to where we can find these damn unicorn buckets.

7. Reflect

8. Obsessive Detail

Something else about the clear buckets is that you are taking a big chance of them cracking while being shipped. The clear buckets because of their makeup don't hold up as well as a regular bucket. This is something I learned from Dom the other day.

9. Reflect

Did Dom said it was more expensive for a bucket to be completely clear? If they cost the same at a bulk rate I really could care less if one broke, they are around $4-5 bucket at bulk rate. Maybe you can get a custom hue that would strengthen it a little, like a little bit of white pigment?

10. Obsessive Detail

I'm not sure if it is more expensive to make a clear bucket or not. I've been looking here in the US for some good clear buckets and haven't came across any. If I could find a good one, I would just get the grit guard and dodo bucket decals and go from there.

11. Reflect

Any updates? I've been snooping around like an animal and have nothing. I'm about to give up detailing because of this... wait nm.

12. Obsessive Detail

I haven't been able to find anything that I like yet. I will keep searching!

13. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

so where did you see the original dodo buckets? never knew they existed? got a link?

14. Reflect

15. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

16. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

ahhhh... those are friggin cool!!!!!!!!!!!

17. edwinbong

edwinbong DB Forum Supporter

those are some nice buckets!

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Damn, I'm so jealous!

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It's great how excited we get about buckets!

My poor halfway seethrough Lowe's buckets just both bit the dust after a little over a years use...

Did I see correctly that the Dodo Juice buckets are only 8 pounds each? Bargain! My parents are coming in from Europe next week, should have asked mum to bring me a few! Although, might have been awkward to check in a bucket...

20. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So, where does Dom get them from? Can we get in contact with the manufacturer and see if either sell them over in the US, or can ship them in bulk?