Dodo Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by P1et, Oct 26, 2007.

1. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I know that Dodo doesn't sell in the US (for now, I got an email saying they are looking and working with a potential supplier here), who would be up for a group buy?

I might have my brother pick me up a tub of Purple Haze for Xmas, I want some together with Lime Prime.

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Possibly. I think I might know who the potential US supplier here is. So Ill hold off.

3. P1et

Who is the potential supplier? Because I'd hold off too then.

4. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I been wanting to get my hands on some dodo and purple haze.....

5. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I think we all know the potential supplier is! LOL
    When PJ from Dodo came down from the UK last time he sent me some samples. I really like the wax but right now at $95 a jar (shipping) I dont think its worth it.

I like Banana armor and Purple haze.

6. D&D Auto Detailing

I need to hear some more opinions on it first. People always get all into shit when it first comes out, they all want it, all the hype and everything.

7. P1et

That might be the case, but I'm reading some good stuff about it on the UK forums.

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I always like to try things first hand regardless of what other people say.

But it gets kinda expensive this way.....

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

since we have information of a potential supplier to NA i would say hold off on the group buy, see how things go first... ohh plus we already have the mf group buy, should get over that first :D

10. Nica

Nica Banned

If you guys are serious about Dodo I have a connection at the UK that I can get it...I passed on the opportunity to get it but I got the persons contact info.

But like Calgary said one thing at a time, just keep in the back of your head.

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Whats the shipped price?

12. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I am interested in Dodo, but I have enough waxes already =X...funny, ENOUGH waxes, yeah right :p.

13. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I heard of the potential US supplier also. I want to know more about the hard/soft wax combo that is starting before I buy anymore waxes. From now on its highend waxes.

14. D&D Auto Detailing

Wait man.

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

its tough to do that, i'm a wax junkie.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

To be honest FMINUS I didn't presue it so I'm not exactly too sure how much shipping wil be. I'll e-mail the person back and ask though, I'll post it up once I get a price.

17. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

Dodo Juice is really good stuff TBH I would put it up there with BOS and equlivent Zymol products...

Dom asked me in the early days to try it out before it was released and here are some results..
    This is even before they had the names... Now they are Banana armour and rain Forest rub...
    Evenin' all..

Just got my Green & yellow Dodo Juice yesterday and couldn't wait to try it so here goes.

Method used.

Jeffs Prime acrylic applied with megs MF applicator (damp) left to cure for approx 1 hour.

DODO JUICE YELLOW applied using Megs foam applicator and left to sit 10 - 15 mins.. buffed off and hey presto..

Only a quick one as I intend to spend more time next week at it..

enjoy: Please Comment!! I would love to hear what u think!!

Ronnie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are taken 3 weeks after Rain Forest Rub was applied...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. P1et

Very nice Ronnie! I have seen in pics that the beading is extreme...

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

yea I must admit that beeding is very good the lime prime PWC blows Zymol HD cleanse into the weeds,, as far as waxes go it is pretty hard to beat i fine that if u use Banana Armour as a base, before applying the soft wax durability is excellent!

20. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice pictures there Ronnie, these products interest me and will eventually make my way to them.

Thank you for sharing, the picture look great.