Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by HAN, Apr 5, 2008.

1. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

Here is my father-in-laws truck, last time I detailed it was in July of last year. It needed some help all around, here are some before pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TAR!

[​IMG]

The Process:

Engine was degreased with Purple Power cut 1:1, then agitated. After pressure washing off the degreaser, I used a leaf blower to get rid of the excess water, then ran the engine for a few to dry the rest up. Afterwards, I used CD-2 to dress the engine bay.

Here are some Afters of the engine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The wash:

The tires and wheel wells got Purple Power cut 1:1, the rims were cleaned using Hi-Temp wheel cleaner (a real sleeper product, IMHO). The EZ detail brush came in handy, as the wheels were pretty deep. After wards, the tires were dressed with Optimum's Tire Shine, and the wheel wells got Stoners Trim Shine.

Here is an "after" of the wheels/tires:

[​IMG]

The paint was washed using Optimum's car wash, using the 2 bucket method, with a sheepskin mitt. Dried with Cobra Guzzler (it only took one of the bigs guzzlers to dry the whole truck!)

I clayed the car with Clay Magic Blue using megs # 34 Final Inspection for lube. The hood surprisingly didn't show much contamination:

[​IMG]

But the rest of the car was pretty bad, here was my claybar after the front end, fenders and doors:

[​IMG]

Paint Correction:

My father-in-law didn't want me to spend time to correct the paint, but since I was getting help from my wife on the interior, I decided to correct the paint as best as my new UDM could. I used Menzerna Super Intensive Polish w/LC lo-profile 5.5 inch orange CCS pads. The hood was pretty swirled up:

[​IMG]

Here is how well this combo corrected:

[​IMG]

I followed the same process around the car as my wife did the interior.

Paint Protection:

I decided on using Ultima Paint Guard Plus, as I have been very satisfied with how well it holds up. Its quite a looker, as well.

Here are some shots afterwards, with the Ultima sealant applied.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After applying the sealant, I went inside to have my bird help me open the PPG (aka Aquapel) windshield treatment):

[​IMG]

And then applied to the windshield:

[​IMG]

I will be adding a second coat of the Ultima tomorrow (12 hours cure needed between layers) for added durability.

Thanks for looking!

Pete aka HAN

2. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Nice Job! When all else fails get the bird to open it up. My African Grey parots like to chew stuff up so you got to key an eye on him.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice HAN that truck looks great :thumb:

That's smart putting the bird to help out very nice :thumb:

4. richy

richy Guest

Nice job HAN. The reflectivity looks great.

5. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean Virgin Detailer

GOOD JOB! I'm diggin that shine, looks like my head!

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Beautiful correction, looked fantastic! And I think that's a Dakota though, not a Ram?

7. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

You might be right on that, but it still looks pretty good for having over 100K miles on her.

Pete

8. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Lots of real estate there to work on.

I think I would have folded that Clay before it got that bad...

Great work!

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

love that detailed engine!