Dodge Challenger Shaker edition

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Sizzle Chest, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

2015 Dodge Challenger Shaker Edition
    Black

I have a client who uses this as his daily driver and it lives outside 24/7. Needless to say, it needed a little love from the good doctor at Autodermatology.

A two-step correction was on deck along with a minor interior cleanup, and of course the wheels were hammered.

As you will see below, the majority of the products I used were from Adam’s Polishes. I wanted to give them another shot and see what kind of results could be achieved from his products, mainly the compounds/polishes/pads. I currently use a few of his products-glass cleaner, tire dressing, APC, wheel cleaner, etc on a regular basis. So, I wanted to see if these were up to the task for professional use.

Manly machines: Rupes nano iBrid longneck, and a 15mm longthrow.

Pads: Rupes 1” and 2” pads. Adam’s Polishes orange (heavy) and white (light) cutting/polishing pads.

Chemicals: Wolfgang auto bathe, SCG Pro strip wash, Kenotek anti-insect, Adam’s deep wheel cleaner, Adam’s APC, Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner, Adam’s glass cleaner, Adam’s TID interior, Adam’s VRT for tire dressing. LSP: undisclosed sealant that I am beta testing.

Vacuum via Metro.

Misc microfiber towels were used.

Tuff shine tire brush, Daytona speedmaster and other misc brushes.

Clayed via nano wash mitt.

I found the paint in atrocious condition: Swirls, scratches, haziness, water spots/streaks, etc. It was poor to say the least.

The wheels/tires have never been touched since the dealer slung some greasy dressing on them a few thousand miles ago.

The paint was pretty soft and corrected easily. I was happy with the results I was achieving with the products/system I was using.

End result: I believe I breathed new life into this Procharged beast!! My client was stunned with the results and said he knew it was very bad on drop off.

Doctor Scott at Autodermatology had another successful surgery!!!

Thanks for looking!!!

As I received it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Progress:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

4. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Engine/under hood:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

My many finished shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

7. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Interior:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. AndyThomason

AndyThomason Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Looks soooo much better! Great job. I got half way through the finished pics wondering when I was going to see the 911 cameo!!!

9. denobd

denobd Virgin Detailer

Awesome work....

10. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Thanks all!!!

That's too funny Andy!!!! Haha

11. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

One sweet ride!! As always superior work Sizzle! I know one day soon I will get a shot at one of them...maybe not a Shaker, but I don't care!! I see many of them around here and have left a few cards, no call's...YET! Great post and one happy client!

Hoover

12. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

^^^Thanks Hoov! Keep at it...one will come your way!

13. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

I forgot to ask, what did you do/use on the stripes?? Were they the matte black or just grey vinyl??

Hoover

14. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

^^^^Matte black. I hit them very gently with a fine polish and pad. Then I used my LSP over top of them.

15. HOOVER

HOOVER Member

Nice to hear and know....thank you sir! Thats what I thought as well, if you go easy and and mild they are fine!!

Hoover