Do you wash after claying?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by amercour, Feb 8, 2013.

1. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

Do you wash after claying (with OPT no rinse as lube) before polishing?

It's cold and I would prefer not to wash, but if it will yield better or safer results I would prefer that.

2. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I always give a quick wash after claying.

3. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

No need to wash after claying, ONR leaves no residue, hence why its a no rinse wash soap.

4. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

ONR left residue after claying for me?.... So i washed. Maybe my diluted is too high.

-Beach

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I always do a quick wash.

6. Bmer89

Strange, its never left residue for me. It's very diluted for clay lube, 2oz per gallon. Like any lube/qd, if you let it dry on the paint, it will leave residue. But in all honesty, another wash is a bit much if you're going to be polishing. Just wipe the panel with Eraser/Top Inspection/IPA before polishing. If you're going straight to lsp after clay, I guess I could see how another wash step could be useful, but I'd still just do a wipe down. That's just me, yall do whatcha want.

7. SeanHfx

SeanHfx Virgin Detailer

Yup I always do a wash after claying. 2 bucket method overkill too.

8. HeavyD

ONR is not my favorite clay lube at all. True, it does not leave residue. The clay leaves residue. Everything is already out and it takes little effort to do a quick wash. Then on to drying. I save the Eraser for polish wipedown. Eraser is superior to anything else but its also pricey to waste for anything other than a post polish wipedown. Just my 2 cents as well.

9. Bmer89

Maybe I'm the crazy one haha I use CG Luber and it works great. Doesn't leave streaks and I've never seen clay residue

10. HeavyD

LOL Its whatever you do to make you happy and your customers happy. Any outsider reading these threads,we are all crazy!! LOL

11. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im old school. I used diluted Dawn with a bit of car shampoo, no need to wash after that, just rinse...............

12. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

I just rinse as well.

13. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

Seems like most advocate at least rinsing, and I figure if I am outside with the hose then I might as well throw some soap on it to be safe.